CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Just now, Clyde01 said:

The fact that we are at our lowest ebb while you are apparently "thriving" yet we are within a few places of each other in the table really speaks volumes.

Never claimed we were thriving but we're in a better place than Clyde right now.

Pretty much proves the point that Clyde are a far more historic and famous club than diddy Stirling lolbion. Thanks for confirming.

Ohhh history ohhh. Stirling are one of the biggest part time teams, Dumbarton and Ayr are the biggest we're just behind them.

The Shire are going to absolutely pump you next season and it's going to be funny as f**k.

Ohhh history ohhh. Stirling are one of the biggest part time teams, Dumbarton and Ayr are the biggest we're just behind them.

The Shire are going to absolutely pump you next season and it's going to be funny as f**k.

Wouldnt worry about that there won't be a club to beat if we go down

4 hours ago, David W said:

[Stuff...]

I picked you up because all anyone has really said is this: 'JP and Peaso haven't had long but neither do we'. I wouldn't be me defending JP & Peaso when the club itself is lurching the way it is.

You've replied: JP & Peaso have changed things... Nobody will ever agree on absolutely everything... They've made the changes people have cried out for... They know best because they've been close to the team... They've had a lot of bad luck... Individuals are to blame...  There's actually been no lack of effort/aggression etc...

I'll say just this. If they'd changed things in any helpful respect we'd have seen the last of Smith and Perry. We'd have seen McNiff at centre-half consistently. We'd have seen McNeil left/right back consistently. We'd also have seen McMillan at right/left back consistently. Not centre half, by Christ. Fundamentally, we wouldn't still be wondering what back line will appear week on week if they'd changed anything. Phil Johnston wouldn't be in the team at all. And we wouldn't all - including you - still be willing them to do things differently.

As for the 'no lack of...'. I was at Berwick. I was there today. Don't give us it. Effort's one thing. Aggression and dig, those are different. There's one or two in there that are playing for their jobs, flinging themselves about. But I invite anyone to look at the Berwick highlights package. You will be shouting at the screen for our lads to dive in, to go to ground, to give them a dunt. Flynn, McNiff, Johnston. Go and look. Downtrodden I think was the first word I used in the initial post: it's an attitude. Some of them just do not see light at the end of the tunnel and they're in desperate need of persuasion. 14 without a win will do that even to decent players. You're wrong when you say only long-term coaching and new players - I'd like to see some - can change things. Manifestly wrong. We need someone in there who those lads can buy into quickly and send them out with the fear of coming back into the dressing room empty handed. Someone who'll do enough with the carrot to get us that one win that'll catalyse another one. I take the general point, mind you. What I say cannot be done in a bubble; bad players and bad selections are so irrespective of incentives.

All the patter about them knowing best, bad luck, individual errors, how things could've gone differently in such and such a match... Sounds like the first bar of the Lowland League Blues to me.

Edited by Sao Paulo