CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

The commentators obviously knew nothing about Clyde. However given that we are completely ignored usually on Sportsound up here it was nice to get some kind of coverage

Fat chance of winning the league with a team like that. Unless the new forward alluded to above is a class apart, we'll be looking at a mid-table finish.

Wee bit harsh; Listening to BF, he said they had a double training session yesterday and a full session before the game. Very early days to throw in the towel.

Fat chance of winning the league with a team like that. Unless the new forward alluded to above is a class apart, we'll be looking at a mid-table finish.

FFS, is that the negativity started already, the whole Jersey thing is nothing more than a gruelling fitness exercise. I am sure when the season starts we will be more than ready with the quality we have brought in during the summer and we will be stronger than last season, although i would feel a lot more confident if we can find a goalscorer.

Wee bit harsh; Listening to BF, he said they had a double training session yesterday and a full session before the game. Very early days to throw in the towel.

Nope seasons over already, we can't be drawn with Jersey in a meaningless preseason friendly after a double training session!

Forgot to listen in for the radio broadcast, wishing I had after seeing some of the stuff being posted on Facebook.

Friendlies are a horrendous waste of time to watch a trip to jersey would have been great the game means nothing no more than kick about even up and coming games the open games at Broadwood are non events in summary hate pre season friendlies just spoils start of the season

Friendlies are a horrendous waste of time to watch a trip to jersey would have been great the game means nothing no more than kick about even up and coming games the open games at Broadwood are non events in summary hate pre season friendlies just spoils start of the season

Spot on.👠No wonder managers want close door games, We have some amount o roasters and they keep breeding

If that's what you think of Clyde. Wait to you see what you've got at Old Trafford. 😀

For me, we're weaker than we finished the last season in two areas: leadership (loss of Marko) and up front (release of Gemmell). We've improved significantly at right full back, brought in another dedicated winger, added loads of creativity through the middle and, in doing all of the above, have changed our squad from an ageing, one-paced, stuffy outfit to one with a good blend of youth and experience, agility and steel.

If (and it's a big if) we can bring in a goalscorer, we could have the makings of a right good season. An Alan Martin to replace Gibson would be nice, but he's definitely adequate at this level.

To write the season off after the squad has had 3/4 training sessions together and played only one meaningless game is hilarious, frankly.

Oh, please. Who's writing off the season? I qualified my comment quite a bit ("with a team like that"; "unless the [new] forward [...] is a class apart"). If anyone read into my post that I took a view based on the result then they were mistaken. I looked to the available squad and the team fielded. The result is meaningless, I think we're all agreed.

But I'd better try and find a half-way-house here, seeing as I'm already a negative and hilarious roaster-weapon. Put it this way. Who fancies we'll win the league with Gormley and Higgins up front and without something like a direct replacement for McGovern? If anyone does fancy it, well, I like a wager!