Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

One would be a homophobic chant about Jimmy Hill. Another would be accusing Alan Shearer of paedophilia.

And there's 'If you hate the fucking English clap your hands'

I have heard Scottish fans sing all three. As well as 'I'd rather wear a turban than a rose'

Is this where you claim you are astonished at the very suggestion?

Are you claiming, very specifically, that you haven't heard offensive chants about specific Englishmen, and about English people, from Scotland fans?

Yes. Or No?

And is this a 'sad indictment of Scottish society?'

Do you wish the Tartan Army to be given criminal convictions? And not just for crimes against fashion.

The Billy boys is about killing catholics, anyone who sings or condones this song in anyway is a dick

Never sung any of these songs you mention above nor do I condone the little scotlander who does. Not sure any of them actually incite violence mind but they are all ridiculous

I do agree with u on the TA fashion specifically the funny hats

Edited by John Lambies Doos

One would be a homophobic chant about Jimmy Hill. Another would be accusing Alan Shearer of paedophilia.

And there's 'If you hate the fucking English clap your hands'

I have heard Scottish fans sing all three. As well as 'I'd rather wear a turban than a rose'

Is this where you claim you are astonished at the very suggestion?

Are you claiming, very specifically, that you haven't heard offensive chants about specific Englishmen, and about English people, from Scotland fans?

Yes. Or No?

And is this a 'sad indictment of Scottish society?'

Do you wish the Tartan Army to be given criminal convictions? And not just for crimes against fashion.

If you seriously think they are singing about English people, you are a drooling, ignorant c**t. I'll admit, much less of a c**t than the opportunistic bigot apologists like Ad Lib. But it is pretty unbelievable that Rangers fans can start pointing the finger at Scotland fans to excuse their ritualistic cringeworthy bigotry when they've humiliated themselves abroad on oh so many occasions.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Yes, when the Tartan Army sing "if you hate the fucking English clap your hands" and "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose" they are not talking about English people.

Fucking. Classic.

Yes, when the Tartan Army sing "if you hate the fucking English clap your hands" and "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose" they are not talking about English people.

Fucking. Classic.

Is this another on of your 'jokes'? Do you think Scotland fans are racist (who have won awards for their exemplary behaviour)? Have you been abroad with the Tartan Army? Including to England?

You seriously are a massive c**t.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Not authoritarian: invading a country, occupying it, converting its inhabitants to another religion, and singing about it for 330 years

Authoritarian: suggesting that acts which are already counted as hate crimes when not partaken in a football stadium are criminal acts when partaken in a football stadium.

I'd just like to put it out there that any fan of a club, old or new, which has its share holders threaten to pull advertising revenue from national papers because they reported that "one of their directors said the Billy Boys was a great song" and is currently not being covered by the national broadcaster because one of their respected journalists accurately reported a number of arrests at Easter Road, those people can shut the f**k up about freedom of speech.

Thank you.

Is this another on of your 'jokes'? Do you think Scotland fans are racist (who have won awards for their exemplary behaviour)? Have you been abroad with the Tartan Army? Including to England?

I don't think anyone thinks the Tartan army are racist. But..

A person commits an offence if, in relation to a regulated football match—

(2)The behaviour is—

(a)expressing hatred of, or stirring up hatred against, a group of persons based on their membership (or presumed membership) of—

(i)a religious group,

(ii)a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation,

(iii)a group defined by reference to a thing mentioned in subsection (4),

(b)expressing hatred of, or stirring up hatred against, an individual based on the individual’s membership (or presumed membership) of a group mentioned in any of sub-paragraphs (i) to (iii) of paragraph (a),

©behaviour that is motivated (wholly or partly) by hatred of a group mentioned in any of those sub-paragraphs,

(d)behaviour that is threatening, or

(e)other behaviour that a reasonable person would be likely to consider offensive.

(3)For the purposes of subsection (2)(a) and (b), it is irrelevant whether the hatred is also based (to any extent) on any other factor.

(4)The things referred to in subsection (2)(a)(iii) are—

(a)colour,

(b)race,

©nationality (including citizenship),

Singing "If you hate the f*cking English clap your hands" could clearly be construed as criminal according to the act.

Yes. Scotland fans who sing "if you hate the fucking English clap your hands" and "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose" are racist.

I don't think anyone thinks the Tartan army are racist. But..

Singing "If you hate the f*cking English clap your hands" could clearly be construed as criminal according to the act.

Of course it could be construed as such. Ad Lib unambiguously claimed Scotland fans were racist.

Individuals and businesses have a right to criticise other's speech.

The state does not have the right to repress speech through coercion.

Not sure why you are conflating criticising and forcing a company to fire someone. Are you saying folk weren't arrested at Easter Road and that one of your own, award winning and respected journalist Graham Speirs is a liar? Mind when Murray banned him for saying he "had committed an act of financial vandalism" on Rangers (RIP)?  How did that turn out?

Guess you must be just a bit dense.

Yes. Scotland fans who sing "if you hate the fucking English clap your hands" and "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose" are racist.

Why is wearing a turban rather than a rose racist?

Ridiculous comment. In fact some of your comments over the past few weeks show that a political career may be best avoided

Of course it could be construed as such. Ad Lib unambiguously claimed Scotland fans were racist.

The ones that sing racist songs are.

Ridiculous comment. In fact some of your comments over the past few weeks show that a political career may be best avoided

For the same reason that "I'd rather be a nigger than a Tim" is racist.

If you hate the f*cking English is just football banter. I'd say I'd rather wear a turban than a rose definitely has dodgy undertones though.

It does also seem strange that if a pair of Scotland fans, one living in Dumfries and the other in Carlisle, went to the last England Scotland game at Wembley and both sung about hating the English, the one from Dumfries could end up with a criminal conviction while the one living in England has legally done nothing wrong.

ETA: I think this comes under the definition of 'arbitrary' that Wings and VT were so confused by earlier.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Then you're a demented buffoon Ad Lib with no concept of footballing rivalry.  Do you know what England fans sang back?

You're staying with us

you're staying with us

you love us so much

you're staying with us.

England fans chant all sorts of stuff about Germany, and will know doubt have chants about Scotland.

Equating that with west coast bigotry just shows how fucking alienated and miserable you really are.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Then you're a demented buffoon Ad Lib with no concept of footballing rivalry.  Do you know what England fans sang back?

England fans chant all sorts of stuff about Germany, and will know doubt have chants about Scotland.

Equating that with west coast bigotry just shows how fucking alienated and miserable you really are.

Victims of racism often use intelligence and humour to combat hate speech.

I don't doubt for a second that England fans chant racist epithets about Germans. Doesn't mean it isn't racist.

It does also seem strange that if a pair of Scotland fans, one living in Dumfries and the other in Carlisle, went to the last England Scotland game at Wembley and both sung about hating the English, the one from Dumfries could end up with a criminal conviction while the one living in England has legally done nothing wrong.

That's just wrong though. The law is not enforceable in England for either person in your hypothetical scenario.