Celtic Summer Activity thread

15 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

According to the chip wrappers, Everton, Stoke and West Ham have joined Brighton in chasing Dembele.  Apparently we're holding out for  £25 million.

Seems a cert that he's off, so I would prefer it was settled as quickly as possible rather than a last minute deal that leaves us with little to no time to find a replacement. 

I can see Pedro trying to string this out in the hope a club shits it and goes higher.

We could limp along with 2 strikers but given the decent financial position we are in I dont see why we should. Even another loan striker would suffice. I believe we also have the option to make Eduouard permanent.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I can see Pedro trying to string this out in the hope a club shits it and goes higher.

We could limp along with 2 strikers but given the decent financial position we are in I dont see why we should. Even another loan striker would suffice. I believe we also have the option to make Eduouard permanent.

That's my thinking.  I can see Lawwell waiting until the final day in hope that an English club gets desperate and offers over the odds.

I'd like his replacement to have a few months at the club to get a feel for the place rather than a summer signing dropped right into it with an early Champions League qualifier.  I heard that we have first option on Eduouard, think 6 mill was the figure, and whilst he seems decent enough I'm not sure if he's quite ready to be a replacement for Dembele. 

Youngsters Regan Hendry and Joe Thomson are away out on loan. Good to see. Talk of Kouassi going on loan which I also think is a must as he really needs games after a few injuries. I wonder what will happen with Henderson in this window also.

For me Celtic are in limbo we are too good for the domestic scene but not quite good enough for Europe.
Brendan has to get the balance right for example Ralston  is he good enough to replace lustig for me he needs to be giving a chance.
This reminds me of when Strachan was in charge Celtic had Wilson at right back plus Paul caddis, Strachan went out and bought Hinkel and caddis went to England.

For me Celtic are in limbo we are too good for the domestic scene but not quite good enough for Europe.

Brendan has to get the balance right for example Ralston  is he good enough to replace lustig for me he needs to be giving a chance.

This reminds me of when Strachan was in charge Celtic had Wilson at right back plus Paul caddis, Strachan went out and bought Hinkel and caddis went to England.

Ralstons been injured otherwise I think he would have had some game time recently. I think hes been decent but we should always be looking to improve the squad. He should be given a fair bit more game time from now till the end of the season espcially with Gamboa and Lustig most likely going to the world cup which means we could be short for european qualifiers. Also for that reason we should be looking to get another right back in now with Gamboa going out on loan imo.

Ralstons been injured otherwise I think he would have had some game time recently. I think hes been decent but we should always be looking to improve the squad. He should be given a fair bit more game time from now till the end of the season espcially with Gamboa and Lustig most likely going to the world cup which means we could be short for european qualifiers. Also for that reason we should be looking to get another right back in now with Gamboa going out on loan imo.

Agree. It's the time of the season when we should be bleeding some development squad players into the starting eleven, and behind the scenes securing some talented signatures.

It's hard to be too critical of the squad after the fantastic run we've been on, but the past few games we've looked laboured and struggled to go through the gears. It's difficult to maintain that focus and constancy, especially getting battered in Europe yet skooshing the domestic scene.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Was just using the right back position as an example Ralston has been giving a contract so brendan thinks he can reach the level of play we need to go forward,this is the balance between staying dominant in scotland and improving in europe.for me to improve in europe we need a better goalkeeper and a 10 were rogic plays.

Archived