Ayr are back

Fairly woeful stuff from Ayr today and we never looked like scoring. I think the occasion got the better of some folk and we never settled into any rhythm. We can and have played much, much better this season.

All that matters is the final score though and WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP!!

Excellent crowd. Enjoy next season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by that performance they'll be going straight back down.

Don't go by that performance. Still need a few players though.Some teams in the championship aren't all that great either tbh.That's why they are there and not in the SPL.

Well done Ayr. Unlucky Stranraer. Your getting closer.

Sadly, the standard in Leagues 1 and 2 is almost certainly the worst it has ever been in the Scottish lower leagues.

Ditto the SPL.

How can you judge a team's prospects having seen them once, and in a truly horrendous football match.  Ayr can play much better than that.  Having said that, the illogical conclusion many have come to is unfortunately probably correct.  Our average level of performance  over this season would probably not be good enough to keep us up.  Not unusual for a promoted team.  Might well be the case for Dunfermline as well.  So clearly both teams will need to strengthen their squads.  Now there's something that's never happened before. Who would have thunk it?

Ayr fans were enjoying the banter with the Pars until we moved approximately 1345 points clear and then they started crying like kids with a sore tummy.

Good news for them is there is absolutely zero pressure on the side. Everyone fully expects Ayr to go straight back down, possibly with a record low points total.

It was the year we were promoted with St Mirren right? My point stands though. I think you'll get more than 10 points but it will require a lot of squad upgrades.

Correct, was my first season supporting the Pars.

Slapped Clydebank 6-0, sure the game got delayed with Clydebank getting stuck in traffic.

It was the year we were promoted with St Mirren right? My point stands though. I think you'll get more than 10 points but it will require a lot of squad upgrades.

I think you will get 9

Archived