Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The club have come on leaps and bounds in the last few years when it comes to transfer fees for our top players. As has been said above, it wasn't so long ago we were losing half a team for nothing as we did at the end of 2012/13 and at best seeing our best players go for a pittance. The recent business for Moult, Erwin, Johnson etc have been impressive and a clear sign that we are finally getting our act together on that front. 

44 minutes ago, Al B said:

It's going to be "Undisclosed" anyway. Let the vein-popping begin.....

Buzzing for the 'Well Fans II' mob to start claiming we gave him everything and it's a disgrace he's left us.

To be fair, our transfer policy was so lame for so long that we used to be getting the "I'd drive him there myself!" shouts when we got 150k offers for our best players.  Second only to the state of the pitch, the turnaround in our transfer policy since Leeann Dempster went to hibs has been stunning.

On the BT Sport commentary of the Clyde game, Sutton said that "Motherwell Sources" <laughter off> had told him that Rangers were having a "proper look at him" - so I guess that would rank as serious sniffing..

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Cedric has put up a pretyped goodbye note on Twitter

:(

He's off then.

Best of luck to the big fella. He came in as a free transfer last summer and wasn't expected to be a first team regular, his name on his shirt was even wrongly spelt as 'Tipre' on his debut against Queens Park last July. But he went on to be a pivitol part of our season and two wonderful cup runs. He was raw and at times a bombscare but overall he did well for us and seemed to love playing for the club. Now he moves on and nets us a tidy transfer fee. Not bad for a free transfer youngster we signed only a year ago.

I'm going to miss him.