Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

36 minutes ago, ropy said:

I had it as Humphrey but it turns out it was the last match I was at.

I've just realised it's now over a year since I last attended a football match.  It was the 4-4 Cup tie against St.Mirren. 

Fucking mental to think it'll probably be 18 months by the time I get back, learn some Sailor Hunter facts, peruse the digitised pie stall menu, pay for my pie and bovril by contactless payment and plank my arse on my new plastic East Stand seat. 

10 minutes ago, Desp said:

I've just realised it's now over a year since I last attended a football match.  It was the 4-4 Cup tie against St.Mirren. 

Fucking mental to think it'll probably be 18 months by the time I get back, learn some Sailor Hunter facts, peruse the digitised pie stall menu, pay for my pie and bovril by contactless payment and plank my arse on my new plastic East Stand seat. 

I think I sent in a photo for the mural, can’t remember what, and I am in the Cooper stand so won’t see it.  The first thing I will see when I get back is the big black net they had to put up for the warm up because they could never hit the target.  The number of pies and bovrils I have seen going flying at quarter to three.

14 minutes ago, Desp said:

The Hearts match was 7th March, we were due to play Aberdeen on 13th which is also the last day I was in an office.  

My last game was Tynecastle as well. Getting way off topic here but I got a packed train back from the game then straight to a pub crawl in town. Absolutely wild to think of probably hundreds of thousands of folk doing similar across the country that weekend with the amount of Rona that must have been circulating at the time.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

My last game was Tynecastle as well. Getting way off topic here but I got a packed train back from the game then straight to a pub crawl in town. Absolutely wild to think of probably hundreds of thousands of folk doing similar across the country that weekend with the amount of Rona that must have been circulating at the time.

The wildest bit of the whole covid pandemic for me is that not even 24 hours before they announced the world was stopping I was in a fucking rammed karaoke bar passing the microphone about between everyone in there. Mental.

10 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The wildest bit of the whole covid pandemic for me is that not even 24 hours before they announced the world was stopping I was in a fucking rammed karaoke bar passing the microphone about between everyone in there. Mental.

What did you sing?

23 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not exactly defenders on their heels but Hastie against Livi and Johnson against ICT are examples of the form too.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The ICT one, there is someone right across the pitch, level with the six yard line celebrating the goal.  That was me, I interrupted a late trip to the bog to take in the majesty of the goal.

11 minutes ago, GAD said:

The thump over the top, 40 yard run in and slip past the keeper is such an underrated genre of goal.

Just think of the shoot outs we would have won if they had changed the challenge from a 12 yard one to a run from half way.

Interested to see the perspective of fans who've got a new manager. If Alexander takes you down be it through finishing 12th or the play-offs, is his position untenable or still too early to punt? Wonder if there'll be a difference of opinion between Killie, County and Motherwell fans.