Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Really enjoy the Macron shirts. Never really went wrong with a design (apart from that scottish cup short but that was mainly due to the player names on the shirt).

Love the white trim on the hoop as well. Cant wait to get it!

Edited by Phillips455

Nah not for me, White piping ruins it. Will wait a few weeks see if it grows on me if not I will hang on and see what the away top looks like when they release it. The away top is usually a few weeks after the home top is it not?

Edited by Well Well

Might be being daft, but the talk of the "band" extending and "breaking" for the name and numbers makes me envisage some sort of weird band/hoop halfway house that would look alright if you had a name and number on the back, but not so if you didn't.

Of course, I'm probably looking too much into the language and it'll be a hoop. 

That's Polly giving "his side of the story".

Before Alexander came in, Polworth knocked back a fresh Well deal and he played just once more under Alexander following the red card at Pittodrie.

He explained: “I was offered a new contract just before January and I turned that down. A few other things happened after that and things didn’t work out for multiple reasons, which is the best way for me to put it.

“So, once I had turned down the contract there, it then became a long and frustrating six months.”

He said: “In the first season we finished third in the league and someone told me the stats showed that I created the most chances in the league.

“That first season was really productive. Even the start of my second season, we had a few European games, which was a great experience.

“I played the first few games under the new manager and got sent off at Aberdeen and, after that, things didn’t go to plan.

“It has been an eye-opening six months. I have got to see the other side of football.

“At the age of 26, you are sent away to train with kids of 14 or 15. I am just glad it’s over and I can move on.”

Link

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

That's Polly giving "his side of the story".
Before Alexander came in, Polworth knocked back a fresh Well deal and he played just once more under Alexander following the red card at Pittodrie.
He explained: “I was offered a new contract just before January and I turned that down. A few other things happened after that and things didn’t work out for multiple reasons, which is the best way for me to put it.
“So, once I had turned down the contract there, it then became a long and frustrating six months.”
He said: “In the first season we finished third in the league and someone told me the stats showed that I created the most chances in the league.
“That first season was really productive. Even the start of my second season, we had a few European games, which was a great experience.
“I played the first few games under the new manager and got sent off at Aberdeen and, after that, things didn’t go to plan.
“It has been an eye-opening six months. I have got to see the other side of football.
“At the age of 26, you are sent away to train with kids of 14 or 15. I am just glad it’s over and I can move on.”
Link
giphy.gif&key=c9360c70f171748fd37c0153cfd9173db1102679ae983632cd1dfe467ade8e22
f**k off Polworth. Don't let the door hit you or your burds arse on the way out.

Not a big fan of the white on the kit but it’s not terrible.

As for the shorts. I actually enjoyed the change to white though I think after a couple of years it is appropriate to revert to claret again just to freshen things up.

Our home tops are always going to be pretty similar and so it is the away top I’m mainly focused on. They will not be able to top last seasons. I’d think they’d hopefully go for a full claret away kit. Not a big fan of either the white or black away tops we’ve had in the past few years.