Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Poor performance today, easily the poorest under Kettlewell and from his post-match I think he recognises that. Dundee United sussed us out and we never really changed it up, which is frustrating. 

Kettlewell has been overall great so far, I suspect if most fans were honest we are probably further ahead than we expected to be when we looked at the fixtures, after he tookover. Hopefully this was just a bad day at the office, although, that being said, we probably could have been out of sight had we taken our chances, despite being pretty poor throughout. 

Some of our supporters really need to get a grip though. Absolute brain-melting shite we need to suffer at times from the same mileoots... nae wonder KvV has started calling it out. 

4 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Poor performance today, easily the poorest under Kettlewell and from his post-match I think he recognises that. Dundee United sussed us out and we never really changed it up, which is frustrating. 

Kettlewell has been overall great so far, I suspect if most fans were honest we are probably further ahead than we expected to be when we looked at the fixtures, after he tookover. Hopefully this was just a bad day at the office, although, that being said, we probably could have been out of sight had we taken our chances, despite being pretty poor throughout. 

Some of our supporters really need to get a grip though. Absolute brain-melting shite we need to suffer at times from the same mileoots... nae wonder KvV has started calling it out. 

So you're telling me that this is all a joke?

I’m as disappointed as most are about the defeat and performance today but we’re in a much better position than we were a couple of months ago.

From genuine relegation fodder, to a slight chance of top six, isn’t bad. I certainly sleep better at night. 

It was a shite performance against a team that were more desperate for a win and played like it meant more to them. I still think we'll be safe. Our second loss in what, 8 games? I think we'll be okay.

10 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

It was a shite performance against a team that were more desperate for a win and played like it meant more to them. I still think we'll be safe. Our second loss in what, 8 games? I think we'll be okay.

Agree. A bit of perspective needed

Have to be honest lads the most troubling bit for me today was McKinstry playing on after getting absolutely melted in the heid. He was bleeding all over the shop and there's no danger any sort of conclusive concussion check could have been done in the 20 seconds the SFA lad was near him.

I wouldn't imagine that the Hibs result putting top 6 out of our reach would have caused our players to down tools but effectively we had a team who had just had the only real target left to play for taken away from them Vs a team fighting for their lives , and I think it showed . Tbf even in these circumstances our fight and desire were light years ahead of what we were putting out in the first half of the season so I'm not beating myself up too much about this result.  United got a result that teams in their position are capable of pulling out when their backs are to the wall . Week off next week then back to business , hopefully 3 home games and safety guaranteed with at least a couple of games to go.  

Glad to see some more sensible posts in the last hour. I was surprised at the initial reaction - we weren't great today but that performance was still infinitely better than most others in the last 6 months. No matter how good we are it's going to happen now and then. 

Just back home after taking in the Foo Fighters (?) at the Civic Centre, did I mention I got to embrace Stevie Kirk who was entertaining a United fan who he works beside in Perth prison.  Coincidentally I was entertaining my United supporting ex colleague who left the ground thinking the ‘Well fans were all swell chaps who shook his hand, congratulated him and ruffled his hair.  The game’s  gone. 

4 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It does some up his recent luck that he finally got a chance and the first thing that happened was his face got knocked into next week.

Not really important, but this looked really fuckin sore.