Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

What's the chances that KVV introduces himself to connor shields at pre season training like he's a new person? 

I imagine KVV has commandeered Burrows' old office and has been typing out 'thanks for your service' letters for free transfering most of the attack from the whirlpool in his new castle.

26 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

A friend was told yesterday McGhee has not been back in the building since his touchline visit last weekend.

If he has been given the job would he not have a 1 or 3 month notice period to serve?

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

If he has been given the job would he not have a 1 or 3 month notice period to serve?

That was my assumption as well.

Similarly there's a chance we've decided not to follow in Aberdeen's snideness by announcing while he's still working his notice at Blackpool.

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

A bit of a change of direction with this post…. What has happened to Crankshaw and Morris?

Crankshaw's back at Stockport. Was mentioned at the start of the month when he appeared at an open training session.

Morris  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

What's the news on the CEO? Complete shitshow?

Sack the Board

I heard that he wanted to be more of an in the background Chief Exec and doing all the stuff Flow did put him off. He is no longer in the picture.

Fwiw, this is (IMO) pretty fair comment from Andra.

Like, I'm sure everyone's relieved that we're going into the split in 8th given where we were but whatever way you slice it this has been an absolute bin fire of a season - one that's been defined by, at best, naïve choices and a series of poor decisions being made. Not least going completely off piste from our usual blueprint and appointing a first team manager with literally no first team management or coaching experience.

I mean, it doesn't need to be a case of Sack The Board but from a season that's seen 3 managers, a chief executive leave with (apparently) no continuity plan in place plus the Head of Comms role still vacant after almost a full calendar year then a bit of accountability probably wouldn't go amiss.

As I've said before I'd hope that lessons have been learned and similarly I don't doubt that the decisions that were made, naïve or otherwise, were in good faith and with good intentions but equally it's also not unreasonable for questions to be asked of what the actual f**k has been going on.

Edited by capt_oats

I agree completely the board needs changed but this is not an overnight issue.

Plenty of clubs struggle because they have meddlesome boards. Our lot deserve(d) credit for making a good appointment and then getting out the way.

However, not to have a proper succession plan in place when the driving force in the club was one man was incredibly negligent.

Simply put, if we want to replace Flow with a similar figure, we're going to have to dig deep. These people, when they do not have sentimental attachment to us, are not cheap.

I was fine with switching to MM on the caveat we would increase our efforts to refresh the board.

But this is not a new issue. One of the problems with fan ownership for Motherwell, St Mirren etc, compared to Hearts isn't just the limited money but the limited number of folk we can call upon. This is not shaking a donation can for an hour before kickoff.

You need to have very particular skills at a high level, probably be locally based, be willing/able to give up a fair chunk of time and - let's be honest - have a very thick skin for all the shit you'll inevitably take.

Very quickly the number of viable candidates becomes very small indeed.

Calling for new blood on the board isn't remotely controversial imho, it's a pretty damn obvious problem. Fixing it, however, in our circumstances is a different can of beans entirely.

My concern with the CEO is that they let 'Flow write the job description the same way that it was pretty obvious that the previous incumbent wrote the original job description for the head of comms (which made it sound like we were looking for the Director General of the BBC rather than a genuinely good opportunity for someone near the beginning of their career).

Literally no-one from the general pool of qualified people is going to replicate what 'Flow did for the money he was on (or arguably any money because f**k that for a lark) and so I hope we are being realistic about what is possible.

I would guess underneath everything is a similar thing that we've seen in the past several first team manager recruitments - we're not a particularly attractive proposition.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

This might go down to the wire

Slattery to start on Saturday - play KVV wide left where he picked up most of his bookings last season. Needs must.