Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I love Henrik, totally iconic part of a superb spell for us.

And I know Wiki not always accurate and he's not a true scorer but 1 goal in 60 (!) international caps, really?!

McDonald never scored for Australia which I find mental. Would probably have been better declaring for Scotland tbh.

4 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Estonia are ranked 111th in the world to be fair. They get beat  most times they play 

Sure but they still score and they also play a lot of friendlies against fellow dross. For perspective Anier has a very respectable 21 goals in 87 caps according to Wiki.

Edited by Handsome_Devil
Typo

13 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Not a massive surprise though it does seem strange timing.

Presumably he has a gig lined up back home or somewhere with an odd registration window.

That was my take anaw. At least he's not going to be playing against us and have the "he's odds on to score against us" trope.

Given we only have Bair, Shaw and Ferrie as our fit strikers just now I wonder if we're in a free agent market situation.

Edited by capt_oats

I wonder if we kept him after the window because he needed a visa rather than becoming a free agent and having to go back home. Would be very surprised if he doesn't have something lined up in a league with strange transfer windows as otherwise he'd be happy to sit tight until January in case Theo gets injured 

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is that everyone named in The Thread as dispensable back in the Summer now gone, at least on loan?

Depends on where you stand on Nathan McGinley I guess.

The jury is obviously out on whether this was a good window or not (early signs are promising)- but it was certainly a completely necessary one. There is almost no fat left to be trimmed from the squad and the only the forward line full of broken people is a bit messy where we will probably go into the next window with more than we need when all fit given our short term need.