Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I know little about scouting but I do like the odd game of FM and when I get into it I’m glued.

The scouting system they have in the game is as robust as you can get I’ve heard and is used by people employed by football clubs sparingly. Obviously it doesn’t paint a picture anywhere close to watching a match can but it can help and is an asset not to be frowned upon. 

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

And why would that be a negative?When clubs use said game as a database?

I've saw your thread and the suggestion made. It's fantasy stuff.

I love that you're right into it, I even enjoyed the wee videos and such. Saying "this guy would be good for Motherwell" cos they've score 20 goals in the English 3rd tier though doesn't really hit the realities of it.

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

A number of the young boys have returned to the club for now 

Leading with a picture of Lamie at Fir Park looking slightly raging seems about right. 

30 minutes ago, ropy said:

A number of the young boys have returned to the club for now 

Barry Maguire to save our season, IMO.

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I've saw your thread and the suggestion made. It's fantasy stuff.

I love that you're right into it, I even enjoyed the wee videos and such. Saying "this guy would be good for Motherwell" cos they've score 20 goals in the English 3rd tier though doesn't really hit the realities of it.

Why not these guys aren't getting a lot of money you could offer than Iraqi guy more than what he is on £900 quid

Bring him up he is Scouse and Glasgow is on your doorstep I'm sure he would fit right in if he didn't get any better offers

All these guys are ambitious they know there next move could be a big move if they cut it

Rangers Celtic Bolonga Verona the potential is limitless our football is a bigger step up than league one in England dispite what people want to tell us

We might be able to pay a player like that marginally more than they are currently getting, but there are teams in the same division that he plays in that can probably pay multiples of what he's getting.  If money is a motivator in any way, very few players are going to come to motherwell.

5 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

We might be able to pay a player like that marginally more than they are currently getting, but there are teams in the same division that he plays in that can probably pay multiples of what he's getting.  If money is a motivator in any way, very few players are going to come to motherwell.

21 already plays international football money shouldn't be his motivation it should be next move after he leaves them being in a better league that gets scouted where he can kick on to a team abroad were he will get more or to Rangers and Celtic were he gets more and a chance to win things and play in Europe 

Also for the guy talking about levels and it not being the same would put English league two on apar with the Finnish league were Rangers signed Morelos from and that worked out for a long time before he got fat

Edited by General dissaray

12 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

21 already plays international football money shouldn't be his motivation it should be next move after he leaves them being in a better league that gets scouted where he can kick on to a team abroad were he will get more or to Rangers and Celtic were he gets more and a chance to win things and play in Europe 

Also for the guy talking about levels and it not being the same would put English league two on apar with the Finnish league were Rangers signed Morelos from and that worked out for a long time before he got fat

This is more your thing

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Now you won't believe this but ive already had a professional scout look at El Hamady who works for a pro league side and he says that he looks very good

Aye correct it still is and always will be I'm I supposed to be ashamed about that?

My Uncle was a Motherwell fan he is dead now my cousins still are Motherwell supporters 

And you need a good striker that you can actually make some money on

I also grew up with James McFadden annaw family friend his cousins family and mines go back together to the sixties

Edited by General dissaray

I know Edinburgh City are a basket case of a club at the minute and it's in the third tier, but given that Robbie Mahon has scored 6 goals in his last 5 games for them and they'll no longer be paying any contribution to his wages (if they ever were), maybe Kettlewell sees him as a cheap option for the bench.

Not sure what his football manager stats are like. 

3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Aye correct it still is and always will be I'm I supposed to be ashamed about that?

FM is great, particularly for finding obscure players.

But you have to realise the wages in it are entirely made up and/or 12 months out of date.

The strikers youre tipping for Motherwell are all being linked to EFL Championship clubs, who can blow pretty much every side up here out the water. Teams like Preston Wigan are paying folk £10k+ a week, while teams here baulk at a third of that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

FM is great, particularly for finding obscure players.

But you have to realise the wages in it are entirely made up and/or 12 months out of date.

The strikers youre tipping for Motherwell are all being linked to EFL Championship clubs, who can blow pretty much every side up here out the water. Teams like Preston Wigan are paying folk £10k+ a week, while teams here baulk at a third of that.

Ive already said that also I'm not getting wages from FM manager there already out there on the Internet plenty of teams can play at least up to £6 grand for a play 

Le Fondre at Hibs is actually meant to be on £18 000 a week and his deals up in six months

Wages could well land at least three strikers on various different sums if they choose wisely that boy who was on loan with you doing well to at Stockport 

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Wages could well land at least three strikers on various different sums if they choose wisely that boy who was on loan with you doing well to at Stockport 

Olaofe is also being linked to Championship clubs, Scottish clubs really cant chuck the money about you seem to think they can.

Scottish sides need to find the EFL goalscorers before they break through at League Two level, as once theyve done that you get every club noticing them.

A Sean Adarkwa type is more likely than your fantasy shouts.