Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

The fact anyone keeps signing Oli Shaw is mental. He's a shite Lee Erwin and that's saying something.

Not really the put down you think it is there. Lee Erwin made us £500k and absolutely battered the ****.

Some boi.

lee-erwin.png?w=600&h=335

Is Erwin not currently banging in the goals?

Re: Biereth, may be one of those strange things where we change our approach (Ie cant tey and play through him all the time) and end up scoring anyway.

On 16/01/2024 at 15:55, Archie McSquackle said:

My memories of seeing Halliday is that he's quite good at scoring from late runs from midfield but not much of a midfield presence. Could be quite tidy with Spittal and Miller/Paton but we'd need Davor or Butcher to be doing a lot of donkey work behind them. 

That's probably about right.

A good finisher, but goes missing in a midfield two. Might be better in a three, where he can roam about more, but we didn't see much of him there. I'd say he showed his best form for us at left-wing-back.

Almost completely out of the picture since Naismith came in, even when we had a midfield injury crisis in August and we're chucking defenders in there.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Main seems to have chosen Dundee anaw. Does feel like we're running out of non KVV options.

The chat I've heard from some Hibee mates is that KVV is in with them right now.

1 minute ago, fat_tony said:

The chat I've heard from some Hibee mates is that KVV is in with them right now.

According to his IG the other day he was boarding a flight to Amsterdam so….it seems unlikely seeing as his most recent post is of him cutting about with family.

1 minute ago, Onthefringes said:

😂 Cat right amongst the pigeons there.

I've never liked Arsenal.

Just sturm-ing up some interest in the Alloa game, even if I got my days mixed up

It's almost impressive that a season can be so unrelentingly grim.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the next thing that happens - East Stand condemned? Player arrested for dealing in dodgy Firesticks? Nathan McGinley played as a roving attacker Vs Alloa?

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Who the f**k is Connor Smith (that we aren’t interested in)?

According to the Edinburgh media  the guy is on loan at Scunthorpe and ourselves and St Johnstone were sniffing about. I have no idea if he is any good or not but fully expect him to sign for St Johnstone shortly . 

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I had talked myself in to Main and Mika being a decent partnership up top for us.

Quite the blow to find out we'll now have neither 🤣

More like Bair and McGinley with Barry McGuire playing “trequartista “ in the hole.

This season is the fucking pits 

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Going by recent events (at other clubs as well, not just the Biereth rumours), it's looking like season-long deals aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Mika was a great signing that I was happy with when we made it and it has been successful purely on the numbers - but it does show the risk of signing your main forward as a development loan from the EPL. On one hand you get a player that you couldn't otherwise afford/attract - on the other, you can be kicked squarely in the baws in the way we're apparently about to witness. 

Only slight upside is that it's early enough in the window that we can get someone else in without a total panic.