Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was away to say, I wouldn't be surprised if we were one of the teams looking at him given how short we are up front and our pivot to this 343/523 whatever you want to call it.

We've had no issue paying 'nominal' fees in the past. I'd still imagine he'll head to Exeter though.

I reckon he'll do well as long as he's played at LW, not messed about as a striker and if he gets time and space. If he gets doubled up on then he's useless.

9 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I was just thinking we need more folk to play on the left as well. We've no got enough of them.

Could we bring the right sideline in a bit.  Aye but there’s the second half isn’t there.

10 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

To be honest I don’t remember much about this lad. But the fact there were other teams interested down south meant it was unlikely he would end up at Fir Park.

Agent doing his job I guess. Reaffirms the fact we have clearly have wage limits and they are several levels below most teams in the same league including Dundee, Killie and probably Ross County these days. 

The Nouble one is a strange one. Not that long ago Martindale was quoting a £million plus. I agree he seems like a Xerox copy of Bair. So we could have two man mountains that struggle to bring the ball under control and score goals. Dont see that one happening either.

Surely we can try to persuade Luton Town to loan us Wee Al 🙏

44 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Nouble really is your stereotypical Kettlewell striker. He certainly has a type and it has to be 6ft+.

Play him at striker and spent 90 minutes greeting about how frustrating it is :D 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

And there's your link in the record, it's apparently you lot and Exeter for Nouble.

To be honest I am not a fan of Nouble. I have seen him have great games but it's few and far between.

I'm just happy we got through today unscathed, as it had banana skin written all over it.

Paton and Mugabi were probably below par for me. Butcher could have done better for the goal, but although he's still not properly up to speed, I thought he recovered well and done a lot of good later in the game.

My worry with us using Spittal the way we are that it might put him off staying, if a St. Mirren or a Kilmarnock offer a deal and promise to play him in position.

I think SOD has been very comfortable right of a three and I'd probably say of all the options, McGinn has looked the most comfortable in the middle of the three that we've seen this season. 

I'd take a wing-back, a centre half and forwards as our priorities for the rest of the window. 

It's almost laughable that Obika manager to be injured for the start of the league season, recover, not start a game for about a month, get a winter break and then come back injured again. I'm sure he'd much rather not be injured himself, but it's madness we gave him a new deal.

6 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Nouble has ZERO goals in 20 games. Why would we ever sign him?

There was - what seemed an admittedly brief - spell when he showed a fair bit of potential but that's a while ago.

And while I'd pin some of his regression on Livingston/Martindale, he needs to take his share of the blame too.

If we got him on a PCA, it could be argued he's in the gamble worth taking category but I certainly wouldn't be spending money on him.

I'd also say that if Livingston are even contemplating the sort money we can offer, they've either written him off completely or have the baliffs arriving Monday.

Alloa highlights are an amusing watch with some fun comments (paraphrased).

"I'll give credit to the camera position, if nothing else about their media" - miaow!

"Theo Bair, the danger man" - quite.

"Where did this Connor sammon come from?" - Indeed. It was an excellent goal from their pov btw.