Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

47 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

What the f**k is our recruitment department up to man. 

I'd blame our recruitment team for a lot but not that...the manager - Kettlewell, Hammell or whoever - will have had their injury records as well and would make the decision on gambling or not.

Just now, Neil86 said:

he's also got a half decent record which worries me. What's the catch here.

He's not what you'd call prolific for a striker but certainly has a pedigree miles above the 3 goals in 29 national league appearances we usually go for.

He sounds like a throwback to SSJ etc...presumably he won't be cheap by our standards, we commit to a three-year deal and we hope to sell him halfway through. 

Can't fail.

5 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

he's also got a half decent record which worries me. What's the catch here.

(Knee)

Probably

He looks like a thin scott mcdonald in the couple of videos i watched.

Decent goal scoring record, plays the majority of games for his current club, hasn't missed a game through injury yet this season...what's the catch here. 

1 minute ago, dezz said:

Decent goal scoring record, plays the majority of games for his current club, hasn't missed a game through injury yet this season...what's the catch here. 

A five minute search suggests I'd be very surprised if we can afford him...we will see.

38 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

A five minute search suggests I'd be very surprised if we can afford him...we will see.

DC5C423D-1C6F-4E60-8173-E269F03F511A.thumb.jpeg.ad305d8bc7effb53a9a8ff32ac59d29c.jpeg

The journalist reporting it suggesting he’s been pulled out of the squad for their game this weekend, so it sounds like they’ve taken whatever we’ve offered seriously enough.

A strange one right enough though. As you say, wouldn’t have been so surprising during Alexander’s time when we weren’t averse to chucking fee’s about or shopping in different markets. 

Feels like a departure from what we’ve seen this season under Kettlewell though. 

Edited by Casagolda

15 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

The journalist reporting it suggesting he’s been pulled out of the squad for their game this weekend, so it sounds like they’ve taken whatever we’ve offered seriously enough.

A strange one right enough though. As you say, wouldn’t have been so surprising during Alexander’s time when we weren’t averse to chucking fee’s about or shopping in different markets. 

Feels like a departure from what we’ve seen this season under Kettlewell though. 

Aye, I don't think it's totally beyond the pale but a literal glance at his stats, his apparent previous fee, knowing vaguely what the other Hapoel's budget was from playing us, what HTA are worth now and making some educated guesses as to their wage structure...it would be a return to the GA era and totally out of character for us now.

He is ooc in summer mind.

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Taylor Swift has bought us a surprise gift.

If the signing happens, im buying this explanation. At the end of this transfer window I'm definitely doing a "which celebrity bought each player thing" *

* hands off my idea, terrace, I've patented it.

Edited by rowsdower

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Agree, although it also tracks with what he was saying in his presser yesterday about us maybe having to be creative and looking "further afield".

It sounds like one of those that may have appeared on our radar through TransferRoom 20212022 - I think you linked to an article by Daws years ago about the set up where - which I'm assuming is where/how the likes of Sol and Efford ended up with us.

His Wiki isn't up to date in so much it's not showing this season.

As it stands far he's on 3 for this season - which again maybe makes him that bit more realistic vs his apparent 13 in 35 last season?

Going by Transfermarkt his contract is up in the summer although the club apparently have an option.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alen-ozbolt/profil/spieler/245070

Screenshot2024-01-26at15_43_31.thumb.png.1e7b2c06bb88ea545714f93a71e6577b.png

Edited by capt_oats