Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I said on here before the winter break that Theo would hit double figures this season. I’d like to revise that and say he’s going for 15. Some boy. 

Can we stay up by drawing every game?

Thought we were generally fine today. Didn't give them any chances other than their goal, which was a decent shot through a bunch of bodies. Was waiting for these killie wingers to run riot, but must have missed that part when I went to get coffee.

Is that 4 goals in 4 league games for the Bair? Was KVVs record for league games just?

Paton played pretty well, and I'm looking forward to us using subs in future games.

51 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Bevis at wingback is some laugh.

Bevis realizing he's allowed to run then just rolling with it is fun. He's all smiles but I bet he told KVV he's going to f**k him up.

10 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Paton played pretty well, and I'm looking forward to us using subs in future games.

He takes a few brilliant touches, and then it looks like he closes his eyes and hoofs in whatever direction he's pointing at the time.   Absolutely infuriating.

I bet he's (undroppably) brilliant in training when he's playing fives and he doesn't have to pass more than 10 metres.
Oh and his shooting is shite too.
Maybe he needs a sponsorship deal with a contact lens shop or something.

I quite enjoyed the game today, thought we made the 3rd/4th best team in the league (table) look pretty ordinary, and played some good stuff ourselves.   We just need a tiny bit of luck in a game to cement an actual win.

14 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

He takes a few brilliant touches, and then it looks like he closes his eyes and hoofs in whatever direction he's pointing at the time.   Absolutely infuriating.

I bet he's (undroppably) brilliant in training when he's playing fives and he doesn't have to pass more than 10 metres.
Oh and his shooting is shite too.
Maybe he needs a sponsorship deal with a contact lens shop or something.

I quite enjoyed the game today, thought we made the 3rd/4th best team in the league (table) look pretty ordinary, and played some good stuff ourselves.   We just need a tiny bit of luck in a game to cement an actual win.

We were fine, good even relative to the fact we were always going to struggle to create.

Paton for sure and possibly SOD need dropped...which is a little harsh given their efforts but we simply need to get more of a threat on the park.

Just now, MurrayWell said:

We're now one defeat in our last eight, and that was against Rangers. We're definitely moving in the right direction but really need to start turning the draws into wins soon. 

Bair is class. 

I was just having a look at the table. We're 4 points off 6th but 3 points off 11th.

16 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

We were fine, good even relative to the fact we were always going to struggle to create.

Paton for sure and possibly SOD need dropped...which is a little harsh given their efforts but we simply need to get more of a threat on the park.

I was getting very annoyed at Paton in the first half but thought he really stepped up in the second. Thought SOD had a good game, had some nice bits of play especially the one he sent Paton through on goal with. 

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was just having a look at the table. We're 4 points off 6th but 3 points off 11th.

Tuesday isn't just big it's large.

We're into our fourth (?) season-defining week of the season - for the love of god let's define it well for once.

Btw possibly more for the match thread, but seeing KVV I'm happy Killie are gambling that money on him and not us. Do you think they had an XXL jersey lying around or did they have to call up and ask specially? Hope he puts the work in and gets back to his best though.

1 minute ago, Lukovic said:

I was getting very annoyed at Paton in the first half but thought he really stepped up in the second. Thought SOD had a good game, had some nice bits of play especially the one he sent Paton through on goal with. 

Yeah, not unfair at all. But we've seen despite the improvement, we need more creativity than we get from Gent, Spittal and Bair alone so someone has to go...

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Btw possibly more for the match thread, but seeing KVV I'm happy Killie are gambling that money on him and not us. Do you think they had an XXL jersey lying around or did they have to call up and ask specially? Hope he puts the work in and gets back to his best though.

I was obviously being glib when I mentioned Killie covering Kev's extended paternity leave but...that's kind of what it feels like.

You had posted a few times about Groningen having given up a fair amount of leverage on him and I agree there's absolutely no reason for anyone looking at him and his situation to say, "Yeah, we'll pay the guts of his wages". I imagine they were pishing themselves when not one but two clubs decided they were willing to actually pay what they were looking for.

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was obviously being glib when I mentioned Killie covering Kev's extended paternity leave but...that's kind of what it feels like.

You had posted a few times about Groningen having given up a fair amount of leverage on him and I agree there's absolutely no reason for anyone looking at him and his situation to say, "Yeah, we'll pay the guts of his wages". I imagine they were pishing themselves when not one but two clubs decided they were willing to actually pay what they were looking for.

Brilliant, rewind a few days ago and you were creaming yourselves about him coming back, then he goes somewhere else and you’re relieved. Screams of “ I was going to chuck her anyway “

1 minute ago, Killiefan said:

Brilliant, rewind a few days ago and you were creaming yourselves about him coming back, then he goes somewhere else and you’re relieved. Screams of “ I was going to chuck her anyway “

I mean, if you actually read and understood what I wrote you'd see that's not what I'm talking about at all.

If nuance isn't really your thing then, respectfully...f**k off.