Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Riddy, happens just about every time we play them. Its time we stopped allowing them in 

4500 x £33 = probably not

Unpleasant statistic is that takings from Celtic supporters for one game is greater than Well Society contributions for a year

Edited by Wellwatcher

11 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Perhaps the target should be "smaller" investors who don't want to take over but simply get involved. Too many clubs have sold their souls to a one-person investment and suffered.

That's clearly the dream but the trouble is even smaller investors want paid and how do we do that?

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

That's clearly the dream but the trouble is even smaller investors want paid and how do we do that?

They'll realise they're not going to make a substantial profit, if anything. But it's a smaller risk - only invest what you can afford to lose.

Think of it as an "Investors'Club" if you will.

Just now, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

They'll realise they're not going to make a substantial profit, if anything. But it's a smaller risk - only invest what you can afford to lose.

Think of it as an "Investors'Club" if you will.

That's more of a benefactors club which is obviously even better for us but members will be even thinner on the ground.

I trialled a new approach today, with some success, whereby I didn't watch the game and completely avoided all score updates and social media. Unlike the LIkely Lads, there was no intention to watch it at any later point.

On checking the result at 2pm it was of course still a disappointment, and a boot in the baws to find out we'd been ahead, and were still level going in to added time, but like ripping off a plaster it was all over quickly and didn't ruin my whole afternoon/day/weekend.

I realise this isn't the point of being a supporter, but I'm seriously thinking of extending the experiment to cover the whole season next year. It would have been nice to find out this May that we'd finished tenth on goal difference without having to sit through the whole "record-breaking winless streak" and "re-signing Oli fucking Shaw" sagas.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I trialled a new approach today, with some success, whereby I didn't watch the game and completely avoided all score updates and social media. Unlike the LIkely Lads, there was no intention to watch it at any later point.

On checking the result at 2pm it was of course still a disappointment, and a boot in the baws to find out we'd been ahead, and were still level going in to added time, but like ripping off a plaster it was all over quickly and didn't ruin my whole afternoon/day/weekend.

I realise this isn't the point of being a supporter, but I'm seriously thinking of extending the experiment to cover the whole season next year. It would have been nice to find out this May that we'd finished tenth on goal difference without having to sit through the whole "record-breaking winless streak" and "re-signing Oli fucking Shaw" sagas.

But if we'd beaten them you wouldn't have been able to live with yourself.

2 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

But if we'd beaten them you wouldn't have been able to live with yourself.

Oh, I'd have been delighted, believe me, and I'll still have been smiling at kick off on Wednesday. However, the slow motion capitulation from 3-0 up against Aberdeen was genuinely bad for my mental wellbeing, and I couldn't face a  potential repeat so soon.

Like many on here I would never bet against my own team, but simply not watching them sometimes has its merits!

On reflection I think we played well and it was an entertaining watch, we could have done better and although I am disappointed at losing a third goal our GD was largely protected which may be a factor later on.

Ice baths all round and recover for Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

You don't think it could run concurrently with the Society?

It 100% could but if you're essentially asking for folk to subsidise us to the tune of hundreds of k for occasional non-guaranteed returns when we sell Turnbull/Miller or finish third/win the cup, you won't have to devote much of your week to checking those enquiries.

It is basically the dream scenario and if there's anyone prepared to enter this arrangement I imagine they'd have done so already.

That was our season in our 90 mins today.

At times we look good, we play some nice football and you start to think Kettlewell’s got something about him. Then we lose another soft goal, he makes weird subs which fucks the balance of the team and the whole thing ends with yet another kick in the baws to leave you absolutely scunnered. 

To be honest first half I thought he got it spot on. We were really good, solid shape which kept a pedestrian Celtic at arms length but carried a real threat in transition. The goal itself was a thing of beauty and no more than we deserved. 

I feel like I’ve seen worse Motherwell teams but I’m struggling to remember a weaker one(mentally). Certainly feels like if you apply just a bit of pressure we will invariably crack. In 2024 alone we’ve already had Easter Road, Pittodrie and now today where we’ve contrived to throw away points from strong positions. 

I’ll be honest, I have the fear for Wednesday as well. I think we’re a better team than Livingston but I worry it’s going to be a repeat of Cappielow a few weeks ago… 

Edited by Casagolda

18 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I was in San Juan for the Aberdeen game and out of WiFi contact between 0-2 and 2-3.  I was aware it was 3-3 then knew nothing until the final score.  I don’t think I felt the pain of others.  Perhaps we extend this and let the season pan out before we look?

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I decided a couple of seasons ago I would stop going to Old firm home games. Something I can live without.

Like you I also tend to avoid the result till FT. I did know we were 1-0 up at HT but when I next checked it was 2-1 Celtic. 

Of course I am annoyed but had I watched the game live or even on TV the pain would be many times worse. I get that the joy of winning would be tempered, but since we have not beaten either side of the old firm for 8 years and Rangers for even longer than that then I think it is a safer bet avoiding altogether. 

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

3 points on Wednesday and we're potentially only one more win away from not caring about this season anymore. That's as big an incentive as anything. 

2-1 Livi then after we go a goal up.