Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I got my bucket hat from that hatch as they were all the rage and the grumpy witch nearly too my eye out it was thrown with such vigour.

She would have got more distance than a SOD shy if I hadn't been standing in the way.

Edited by Vietnam91

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. The only embroidery on mine is what's in the picture.

I was just a wee guy anaw but my memory was that my Da got it from Fir Park. Which makes sense as it's where I got every other Motherwell shirt. As like @Swello I have memory of going up to that wee hatch in the main stand to get them.

Sure the reason I didn't have one for the cup final was cos the afore mentioned wee shop had the additions and my Da asked me to choose and I couldn't. (I think much to his delight).

I also mine the wee hatch and wee corridor on the main stand, stood in there a few times as players and manager went past while buying tickets wi ma Da. 

3 hours ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) the white one was available first but only from a shop in Bellshill.

I remember travelling to Bellshill on cup final day and coming away empty handed, couldn’t remember why.

35 minutes ago, superwellfan said:

My first top. "BRANNAN 5" printed on the back with some weird felt like material.

image.png.876ea5ca95d80094d99cdc2e1b39d99d.png

Aye, this was my first outfield one. I had that green Stevie Woods era goalkeeper top before that.

27 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, this was my first outfield one. I had that green Stevie Woods era goalkeeper top before that.

Same, but the blue version. Unbelievably I also had 'Woods' printed on the back of mine.  I can only imagine that was a rare request. 

49 minutes ago, Swami said:

image.jpeg.f1913613d8a764f7e44868740be7925f.jpeg
Mine right here. Can’t decide if it’s amazing or utterly horrific now. 

One of my all time favourites.

I think I’ve just worked out that I’ve never had a first team strip other than the 125 year anniversary one we played in against Leeds. I have had various change strips amongst them these two.

I did buy a retro version of the 1991 cup final strip but that was many years/decades later 

IMG_1317.png

IMG_1318.png

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Can you still wait until the end of the season and buy the current kit for cheap btw? Been years since I got one but this seasons has grown on me.

Currently buy one get one free

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Remember the Sybrandus Dijkstra, interlocking stars, multicoloured menagerie. Hummel designers sniffing Humbrol model paints.

image.png.7f6b38b36a0e506f5c0f8358bba9debe.png

49 minutes ago, CoF said:

Can't quite recall which came first, but as a 12 year old I was kicking about Larkhall in these beauties

1.webp

2.jpeg

I had both of these. On reflection both dreadful. Top one the worst