Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Swami said:

image.jpeg.f1913613d8a764f7e44868740be7925f.jpeg
Mine right here. Can’t decide if it’s amazing or utterly horrific now. 

It's a belter!

2 hours ago, SteelyDosser said:

Ok ill stand out of the trench.

Took ten years to buy my first.

And what a beaut it was 😆 

2006-2007-motherwell-bnwt-home-football-shirt-xl-5984-1-p.jpg

Wasn't a fan of the top when it came out, but it did grow on me.

IIRC, this and the away kit were designed by fans.

This one for me. My aunt bought me it as a third birthday present. Infant kits weren't really a thing then I don't think - it was a small boys kit with very carefully cut sleeves and bottom to fit a three year old.

The next to I had afterwards were the claret and amber pinstripe away and the black away kit which had two white bands - for some reason I've got a mad attachment to that kit.

It wasn't worn by a particularly good team, it's not that nice a kit and by the time I'd got it cheap in Sports Division in Brandon Parade we'd even stopped using it, yet I'm desperate for an adult size one to come up online somewhere.

Bizarrely, here is me pictured with Jose Quitongo in it.

Screenshot_20240307-195625.png

Screenshot_20240307-230619.png

I don't know if this was the first top I got, I'm pretty sure I had a season ticket for a few years before then. I know I had a few random tshirts with the badge before it but maybe no actual tops, idk. Anyway, this is the first one I have photographic evidence of online, being taken to Fir Park and being presented with it on my birthday during lunchtime at school, February '99

5. Owen Coyle, Anderoo And Lee McCulloch [18.02.1999].jpg

3 hours ago, CoF said:

Can't quite recall which came first, but as a 12 year old I was kicking about Larkhall in these beauties

1.webp

2.jpeg

I still have both of these in a box somewhere. Abiding memory of the jester strip was the late Jamie Dolan being sent out at half time in an end of season game to show it off to the East Stand. Very muted applause later and mortified Jamie trooped back off.

Always liked the luminous effort because of that Shivute goal at Ibrox.

3 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Wid.

What gets me with that top is after going mental with a box of crayola's they're like:

"lads, you know what this top needs ..... luminous collar"

9 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

This one for me. My aunt bought me it as a third birthday present. Infant kits weren't really a thing then I don't think - it was a small boys kit with very carefully cut sleeves and bottom to fit a three year old.

The next to I had afterwards were the claret and amber pinstripe away and the black away kit which had two white bands - for some reason I've got a mad attachment to that kit.

It wasn't worn by a particularly good team, it's not that nice a kit and by the time I'd got it cheap in Sports Division in Brandon Parade we'd even stopped using it, yet I'm desperate for an adult size one to come up online somewhere.

Bizarrely, here is me pictured with Jose Quitongo in it.

Screenshot_20240307-195625.png

Screenshot_20240307-230619.png

That black one was my first one too , had completely forgot about it till the chat on here about strips and been trying to find a picture of it online , seems very elusive ! 

This chat has completely changed my weekend plans!

All my old tops are in the top of a wardrobe at my mums, going to head over and lay them all out to have a walk down memory lane.

This is bringing back some great football kit memories in general for me. When I was a young kid and we didn't have any money (no-one did), if you wanted a football top you got taken to Falkirk Market and you got whichever one was cheapest at the football stall, regardless of who you actually suppprted.

There's a cracking photo of me in my room (which i'll also try to dig out at my mums), wearing a St Johnstone top with a fake Dundee United tracksuit over it, and my bed has an Aberdeen duvet cover on it 🤣.

Edited by Al B

It's a criticism of both Motherwell & Scotland kits over the past few years. I totally understand that we need to keep the traditional home colours but I would love it if we'd go a bit out there with the away kit design. 

The Danzaki neon kit from last season was quite good fun. As was the Covid season petrol blue number. 

First home kit I had:

1994-96-motherwell-home-shirt-29159-1.thumb.jpg.3419a70b4fd600b1d45788ec7116d1d0.jpg

First away kit I'm sure was this:

download(5).jpeg.f12b98d1c06dcf5cafa1d4581b7f2b3e.jpeg

Also remember getting the black third kit at some point that @crazylegsjoe mentioned. But I seem to remember that being a few years after we wore it, randomly finding it in a sports shop in an industrial estate in Carluke, long gone now mind you. 

10 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm desperate for an adult size one to come up online somewhere.

There’s a small on eBay just now

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hmm. Don't want to play my hand too soon.

I'm the same. I'm going to try and get the infant one for the wean (After getting the neon one for a tenner or something last year?). Diamond hands time.

22 minutes ago, CoF said:

There’s a small on eBay just now

Thanks mate - just checked it out. I'm a lanky guy and no longer in my prime fitness years so I think a small is out for length and width.

A wee bit tempted to still just buy it and put it in a drawer 😂

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Can you still wait until the end of the season and buy the current kit for cheap btw? Been years since I got one but this seasons has grown on me.

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hmm. Don't want to play my hand too soon.

They've sold off overstock pretty much every season so I don't see this one being any different.

The last time I held off and missed out was the Scottish Cup final season in 17/18 where they (understandably) kept everything full price until then by which point all my size had sold out and they didn't re-stock.

Just checked the online store and they're out of S in the home but have every other size and it looks like they're out of S, XL and XXL in the away.

Edited by capt_oats

52 minutes ago, Al B said:

This chat has completely changed my weekend plans!

All my old tops are in the top of a wardrobe at my mums, going to head over and lay them all out to have a walk down memory lane.

This is bringing back some great football kit memories in general for me. When I was a young kid and we didn't have any money (no-one did), if you wanted a football top you got taken to Falkirk Market and you got whichever one was cheapest at the football stall, regardless of who you actually suppprted.

There's a cracking photo of me in my room (which i'll also try to dig out at my mums), wearing a St Johnstone top with a fake Dundee United tracksuit over it, and my bed has an Aberdeen duvet cover on it 🤣.

I done that a while ago when someone at work was taking donations of football tops for school kids in Africa. Was quite funny seeing the size evolution thru the years . That black away top was an S , next was the Jester one in M which served me well as my 5s top for years. Then a few various ones in L then I think the final Motorola one in XL! 

39 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

First home kit I had:

1994-96-motherwell-home-shirt-29159-1.thumb.jpg.3419a70b4fd600b1d45788ec7116d1d0.jpg

First away kit I'm sure was this:

download(5).jpeg.f12b98d1c06dcf5cafa1d4581b7f2b3e.jpeg

Also remember getting the black third kit at some point that @crazylegsjoe mentioned. But I seem to remember that being a few years after we wore it, randomly finding it in a sports shop in an industrial estate in Carluke, long gone now mind you. 

I remember that shop well. I remember getting a diadora trackie with lumi and purple tints from there 😂

Wishy market was another haunt for me. I got a Lazio (if I knew then what I knew now etc), Ajax and that turquoise quarter Liverpool away top from there.

Went on holiday that summer (about 7) and a woman saw me wearing my Ajax top at the park and spoke to me in Dutch. Absolutely shat myself.

15 hours ago, Dosser1886 said:

image.png.defb3b33645bf73462843a0c54b3ef27.png

Time to show your age, this bad boy was my first with the number 2 on the back in honour of the great man that my father never knew.

Why number 2 - Joe surely was number 3. Willie Watson would have been 2 🤷‍♂️