Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

How hard would it have been to swap the Clyde and Montrose fixtures 😠

Clyde play at Accies so I imagine there would be cross over there but even then swap the first yin.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

How hard would it have been to swap the Clyde and Montrose fixtures 😠

It would be actually quite hard, since one team sits out each match day. Add in that they play at new Douglas car park and the knock on effects that they would have to redo a significant part of the fixtures 

From a sporting rather than day out pov, those fixtures are pretty much ideal - given the state of Edinburgh City, you'd hope we can knock them off in bounce game mode and hopefully we're up and running (ish) by the time we face the toughest opponent last.

10 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I hope we put about 15 past Edinburgh.

They've been barely able to pay wages, had a miserable season last year and got relegated at the end of it. 

Motherwell 1 - 0 Edinburgh City

(o.g 87')

Apologies if covered already in the thread but Theo Bair heading for Auxerre apparently.  Happened across this very randomly, no idea how reliable. Promise it wasn’t Eric Nicholson that told me though.

5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Apologies if covered already in the thread but Theo Bair heading for Auxerre apparently.  Happened across this very randomly, no idea how reliable. Promise it wasn’t Eric Nicholson that told me though.

Fair play, honestly. Auxerre looks lovely. 

Lots of us have said it over the years - but if you're going to be a bit of a journeyman, at least go to some nice places and get paid for doing it - fair play to the big man if this is true...

Names of strikers that are secretly good but scored <5 goals last season?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Where did you see this Costanza.

Interesting move if true. Auxerre finished top of Ligue 2 this season past. So will be playing in the top flight. Clearly they can afford to pay the £5m transfer fee*

No doubt we will need to make do with £600k plus several add ons. That is probably tongue in cheek but would not surprise me. 

*If he played for Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, Forfar, Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts.

Edited by welldaft

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Lots of us have said it over the years - but if you're going to be a bit of a journeyman, at least go to some nice places and get paid for doing it - fair play to the big man if this is true...

Names of strikers that are secretly good but scored <5 goals last season?

Us turning Stevie May into the 13/14 version would be committing to the bit.

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Where did you see this Costanza.

Very randomly mentioned in a group chat I’m in, as I say no idea how accurate but it came out of nowhere, friend of a mates son barber type of thing.

Class. I’ve always had a soft spot for Auxerre due to some random FM saves about 15 years ago. They had a class team in the early/mid 00’s but spent most of the last 10 years in Ligue 2. They got promoted 2 years ago and immediately relegated again on the last day of the season, but bounced back by winning the league this year.

Ligue 1 would be a good move for big Theo. 

Just from the last few pages, I’d happily take both Mallen and Fraser.

What was the chat with Fraser again? He was happy to come to us but Hearts put in a better offer to Charlton?