Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Who was sold for £3m? Filip S?

Aye it was one of those totally normal, nothing to see here Watford signings. Don’t think he played a game for them.

Edited by Londonwell

1 hour ago, redstarcvedza said:

Kettlewell to Hearts ?

Maybe eventually, not any time soon.

I obviously don't follow other teams exactly but I don't think it's a surprise the novice or inexperienced managers all struggle to a greater or lesser extent at points. You really shouldn't appoint one unless you're willing to tolerate a learning process of years.

Some will obviously be just crap at it and huckled out in due course, but most probably have the potential to make a career if they realise when to adapt and when to stick.

You'll never get anywhere as a manager if you don't believe in yourself and your ideas, so changing after every defeat or bad performance is clearly a no go. Alternatively, you also need to know when to rip it up, have the humility to say X signing didn't work or my tactics now don't function, we're doing something new. Robinson became a master at judging this.

SK clearly has lots to learn on managing a team during the 90 minutes and his recruitment is still jury's out but it's not unreasonable to think bigger clubs will have him on the radar and will consider him if he improves/proves that...it would basically tick the final boxes after being a good individual coach (proven by our bank balance) and strong man manager (most squads would have wielded the knife themselves last December).

There's a pretty feasible path to Kettlewell becoming a permanent addition to the BBC analysis team but there's a decent chance he turns out to be a good manager as well. The sub-question of that is whether he learns from his mistakes with us while still at FP or only elsewhere.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

More likely they go for Stephen Robinson…

Robbo has managed two clubs in the top flight and been successful with both.

Seems a no brainer for the likes of Hibs or Hearts if they want a low(er) risk appointment.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

The suggestion that Kettlewell is on anyone's radar is wild. 

Why? Plenty of clubs will look at the players he's transformed and the money he's raised as a huge plus (as we do) and feel that if he can improve or bring some consistency to the other aspects of management, he'll be a cheap possibility. That seems obvious rather than controversial.

19 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Seems a no brainer for the likes of Hibs or Hearts if they want a low(er) risk appointment.

Robinson is long overdue a move to Edinburgh or Aberdeen, I've said before that I'm bemused and grateful in equal measure for their arrogance in thinking he's below them. Or perhaps given it'd probably bugger up St Mirren and the city clubs are likely to finish above us anyway, I should hope he goes.

21 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I'd personally be hugely surprised if they went in for him - he seems to be linked with a few clubs but that's all. 

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Why? Plenty of clubs will look at the players he's transformed and the money he's raised as a huge plus (as we do) and feel that if he can improve or bring some consistency to the other aspects of management, he'll be a cheap possibility. That seems obvious rather than controversial.

Aye ok. I'm aw for folk being supportive.

Remember that window we were all anticipating Moult joining again and stayed up to yon hour and it got announced the next day due to some paperwork issues or something. That was pretty exciting. 

13 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

The official guidelines from the government recommend kids being in the house themselves is actually at 14, at least overnight or for any long length of time... but there is a large caveat on "know your own child and how responsible they are, you're not getting lifted if you go to the shops and leave your 13yr old behind." Most concert venues also say 14+ only.

Agree with high school age personally, and I turned 12 eight months after starting first year. Never went myself at that age though as I had extremely limited geographical knowledge or use of buses, and there being only one other known MFC fan in my year who was ok but not a close friend.

Now as an adult my own is just in 1st year. I bought us both season tickets/renewed and any notice of the change during buying passed me by. Maybe because of the joint purchase, but a lot of what if's arise. What if I was ill but wanted to send her? What if I had work but wanted to send her herself? What if we arrived at two separate times? @crazylegsjoe_mfc is right - it does affect me and it should have been plastered/unavoidable.

High school would be sensible cut-off. Also if it is about child safeguarding does turning away or ejecting a paying customer from the relatively safe environment of Fir Park to be unaccompanied on the "mean" streets of Motherwell not increase the risk ?

Seen an article about the bold Sieb Dijkstra on the Herald saying he enjoyed his time at Motherwell. It got me thinking we need to get the big Ox to swing from the bar can’t remember a goalie doing that since Randolph. 

28 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Remember that window we were all anticipating Moult joining again and stayed up to yon hour and it got announced the next day due to some paperwork issues or something. That was pretty exciting. 

It was about 6 days later I'm sure.