Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Just thinking, is that a 3 weeks now and no injuries or extensions to return dates. Looks like that sacrificed goat has paid off.

Robinson went off injured yesterday, dunno if there's an early diagnosis?

5 hours ago, Blink182 said:

The Thread is becoming very SteelmenOnliney. 

Fall out from the Barmack debacle?

Either way it's not much fun.

New posters
AND SOME OF IT WAS JUST SO RAINBOW RHYTHMS,AND SOME OF IT WAS JUST SO NOT RAINBOW RHYTHMS. THANKS.

54 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

For all the talk of Miller not being a 10 he's still created the 2nd most chances out of any player in the league. Not bad for an 18 year old being played away from his natural position🤷‍♂️.Screenshot_20240901-2149182.thumb.png.8e0b7f0db5193a7af7182933d6ac43fb.png

You don't need to be a 10 to take corners

On 01/09/2024 at 10:09, Swello said:

Come for the wholesome coaching team celebration bit, secretly stay for Craig Levein.

So much happening in this one minute time frame. I love the fact that at the ten second mark Kettlewell just knew the ball was going in as he goes from a straight face to a big grin followed by the roar of the crowd. Then you have the seethe from Craig Levein before and after the goal, meanwhile in the stands our commentator is getting threatened by getting his microphone rammed up his farter by a St Johnstone da.  

3 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

So much happening in this one minute time frame. I love the fact that at the ten second mark Kettlewell just knew the ball was going in as he goes from a straight face to a big grin followed by the roar of the crowd. Then you have the seethe from Craig Levein before and after the goal, meanwhile in the stands our commentator is getting threatened by getting his microphone rammed up his farter by a St Johnstone da.  

I love Davor getting up from the dugout and just legging it to join in the celebrations.

5 minutes ago, CoF said:

I've only been to the Hearts and St Johnstone game this season, but both games we've looked fitter and more up for it than them. Which is nice. 

Without going through the entire list of Kettlewell pros and cons again, there seems little doubt he gets buy in from the players, individually and collectively.

We'll no doubt have stinkers when we're just shite but - perhaps Dingwall last December apart - I can hardly remember us ever phoning in a performance. Maybe Easter Road in May too actually.

Despite various technical advances, Scottish football remains a very simple game at our level.

On Radio Scotland on Saturday Stephen McGinn claimed he had asked his brother Paul how good Lennon Miller is, his answer was that he is the best player he has ever played with.  When it was pointed out that he had played with his brother (super) John, he didn’t change his mind.

I can’t confirm that Paul and John played in the same first team but they would at least have played up the park.  Praise indeed.

18 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

I love the fact that at the ten second mark Kettlewell just knew the ball was going in as he goes from a straight face to a big grin followed by the roar of the crowd.

My favourite part of the video - he has a big gormless grin for about 3 seconds :lol: 

Having been caught a couple of times on club socials showing the crowd in the lead up to big goals - I certainly can't criticise him as I looked at least 10 times worse.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Despite various technical advances, Scottish football remains a very simple game at our level.

It does indeed. 

If you’ve got a team of hard working laddies that are reasonably well organised and difficult to beat, you’ll be at worst comfortable mid-table. If you also have one or two bits of quality in the final third, then you’ll be in with a fair shout of Top 6 and even Europe. 

Last season despite having some very decent players capable of producing  some good performances, we ultimately achieved little cause we were so brittle. Kettlewell’s biggest job this summer was always going to be to make us more resolute defensively and while it’s early days, it certainly looks like we’re heading in the right direction in that regard- with the addition of Gordon in particular looking inspired. 

I’ve seen some chat/concern that we look heavily reliant on set pieces but I’m honestly not too worried about that at the minute. If you’re building a new team you do it by starting with a solid base, the rest can follow.

Plus it feels like with the sheer number of options Kettlewell has at his disposal now, some combination of them is bound to ‘click’ in the final third at some point. 

Edited by Casagolda

2 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

If you’ve got a team of hard working laddies that are reasonably well organised and difficult to beat, you’ll be at worst comfortable mid-table. If you also have one or two bits of quality in the final third, then you’ll be in with a fair shout of Top 6 and even Europe. 

Hiya Stephen Robinson! Hiya pal!