Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'm not convinced this was needed and I liked him as a manager - but our record in 2020 is undeniably poor, so it is maybe understandable. I guess we won't find out if this was an actual resignation or if it was a "resignation" but I didn't think we were quite at the pitchforks and flaming torches on Fir Park St yet...

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Things didn't end the way anyone would have wanted, but that shouldn't take away from the job he done overall. He'll go down as a fantastic Motherwell manager. Two cup finals, a 3rd place finish and a return to European football. Not to mention bringing in over £5m in transfers.

It was time, last night confirmed it for me, but I do feel genuine sadness about the whole situation. 

Awra best Robbo! 

Entirely my thoughts on it as well. As mentioned, some of the results and games have been some of the best I've had at Motherwell games, but I'm not sure he knows what to do now so best for everyone to move on in good terms, rather than spend another 3 months toiling with it if it isn't going to happen.

I really feel for Robbo and I’m sad to see him go. I was edging towards the Robbo out camp but I wanted him to get the January window to see if he could sort it - obviously he’s thought he’s rebuilt one too many times and this time it was beyond him.

He’s signed some amount of shite this season so he is by no means blameless but there’s a lot of players in that dressing room that are underperforming and need to take a good look at themselves.

He’ll go down as one of my favourite managers in my 25 or so years I’ve been going to games. Some great memories and some very entertaining teams like the Thunderdome era and the 6 months of Turnbull and co.

I’ve no shame in admitting I’m a Lasley fan boy but this isn’t the time for him. Mo Ross seems like a weirdo so I hope it’s not him either.

Tommy Wright would keep us up but it’d be a bit grim. No idea who else will be on our radar...Gary Holt? Oran Kearney? Stuart McCall?

20 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Overall I think Robbo did well. 

Thanks and good luck.

It was time to move on as I think we've run out of ideas. 

That's similar to Gary Holt's resignation at Livingston where he showed a prescient awareness of the direction in which things were going. You have to credit the minority of managers who choose to resign like this when most managers instead prefer to stubbornly drag a club down with them.

Yup, football is often about thin margins.

Take recent games against Rangers, Aberdeen, Utd and ( until they scored) Killie.

Rangers---- The set up was working until players make amateurish mistakes. Ain't Robbi's fault.

Aberdeen---A game we could have won but for poor finishing.

Dundee Utd---We should have won but for the the series of bad decisions by players .

Killie---- Up to Killie scored we made several chances. Then they score and the players arses' collapse.

Yes he signed many of the players and yes I know it's a results driven business but a wee bit of luck here and there and players simply doing their job could have seen the club in a much healthier position.

I feel for Robbo and wish him well.

1 minute ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

Tommy Wright or Craig Levein for me. They're probably as close to proven at this level as our club could get, and that's what we need right now. Either that or a top *alleged* shagger like Craig Brown or Stephen Craigan

:lol: get tae f**k! 

Can’t see Stuart McCall getting another go considering the form towards the end of his spell was dreadful.

I’ll genuinely cry if I even see Mark McGhee’s name associated with the club.

I like Lasley and am happy that he’s still associated with the club but don’t want him or Mo Ross in charge.

Not convinced with Gary Holt considering we’re beginning to see that most of the good things done at Livingston were mostly thanks to Martindale.

Tommy Wright? Stephen Craigan? We’ll see what happens.

5 minutes ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

Craig Levein

Fred West would be a more popular appointment with Motherwell supporters. If we even let his application form into the building without setting it on fire, Ah'd No Be Back (always wanted to say that).

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please hire Lasley.

Please hire Lasley.

Please hire Lasley.

If he couldn't get the players motivated and hungry in the last year as the assistant manager and first team coach what makes you think he has what it takes to change things??. I am not having a go but genuinely concerned that the players will not give a shit or change their attitudes with the same staff