Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you gotten compensation money for Cornelius?

Who knows? As we've mentioned a couple of times in the thread recently our comms isn't great when it comes to clarity at the moment.

We offered him a new deal so we should have been due compensation but neither the Motherwell or Harrogate announcements make any reference to it.

I get the impression that this might be one where we've come to some sort of an "arrangement" in lieu of money actually changing hands.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I get the impression that this might be one where we've come to some sort of an "arrangement" in lieu of money actually changing hands.

I think they will all be a bit like that. Well the couple of young 'uns leaving. Maybe a wee bit of cash, add ons.

7 hours ago, Swello said:

Quite handy for me though - my first season going was 85-86 and it's particularly depressing seeing the length of that list :)

So you're not quite old enough to have experienced a bridie and a pitch invasion to celebrate the last game of the first division at Forfar?

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

So you're not quite old enough to have experienced a bridie and a pitch invasion to celebrate the last game of the first division at Forfar?

Young enough to have only seen Motherwell as a top flight team, old enough to have experienced Crawford Baptie..

So by my count, based on what has/hasn't been said through the official, we're still waiting on confirmation from:

• Goss
  • Johnston
  • Casey
  • Mandron

We've probably got 4 obvious gaps based on the starting XI through Kettlewell's run of form but there's also a fair pile of players that probably have question marks over them.

We've potentially 4 injured - with Ketts having basically said McGinley is ages away from kicking a baw. 3 players from the current squad were out on loan for the 2nd half of the season.

lineup.png.413e761cc694ad9d7d2bf6f0c05b0332.png

I would find it hard to believe that Mandron would have a better offer on the table than us, so if we have offered him terms, I'm surprised he's not signed by now. Especially because the big fella seems like such a nice guy who wouldn't want to upset anyone by coming back for pre-season more than a week late.

The only slight thing that makes me think Goss might stay is the fact that he's been away on international duty, even then I assume he's off.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

So by my count, based on what has/hasn't been said through the official, we're still waiting on confirmation from:

• Goss
  • Johnston
  • Casey
  • Mandron

We've probably got 4 obvious gaps based on the starting XI through Kettlewell's run of form but there's also a fair pile of players that probably have question marks over them.

We've potentially 4 injured - with Ketts having basically said McGinley is ages away from kicking a baw. 3 players from the current squad were out on loan for the 2nd half of the season.

lineup.png.413e761cc694ad9d7d2bf6f0c05b0332.png

Seeing that squad down on paper gives me the utter fear for next year. Not going to lie. 

Thats bottom of the table shit from back to front. No pace or guile in the team. 

4 or 5 first team quality players needed. 

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Oh...

Screenshot2023-06-23at10_40_04.thumb.png.117d268d2c90d798e7b9df24b3243eab.png

Screenshot2023-06-23at10_40_37.thumb.png.3f9a3ccc0aca0afc63dc4797c62736d7.png

See to be fair he was still a great forward for them. Made us look like dicks in the game they won in April at Fir Park. 

I mean it slightly drags it off topic here but there's more than a few decent players in that United squad. They were just hampered by the fucking idiots they had in goals and at the back. 

11 minutes ago, Swello said:

Feels a bit unlikely - but I'd be well up for that.

Aye, that was really what I was getting at with my "Oh..." obviously there's a lot going on at United but it's a bit of an unexpected shout.

What's Fletcher's backstory with us btw? He was nearly on our books or suchlike, right?

Found it...3mins here:

Edited by capt_oats

image.png.bc7e64d903f4234f11dfc93bb0e0d877.png

Papers should be banned from using library photos - Casey front and centre had me going for a few seconds until I saw Calum Butcher running about. And all the released players. And Deano with his old hair intact.

Sorry to bring this up again but there's not much else to talk about right now, so to get the old rumour mill going again, I saw Louis Moult re-posted an insta story from his Mrs last night of them having dinner at Amarone...

I imagine there's probably a few Italians called Amarone across the UK so it could easily have been a restaurant down south, but there's three in Scotland in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen...

Bring him home etc. 

10 minutes ago, dezz said:

Sorry to bring this up again but there's not much else to talk about right now, so to get the old rumour mill going again, I saw Louis Moult re-posted an insta story from his Mrs last night of them having dinner at Amarone...

I imagine there's probably a few Italians called Amarone across the UK so it could easily have been a restaurant down south, but there's three in Scotland in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen...

Bring him home etc. 

The tag his missus has on the story puts it as the one in Bath (going by the decor in the background and logo on the menu).

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/444811553/amarone-ristorante/

veronicamars.jpg?quality=82&strip=all