Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Bbc, sky, and Google all reporting we lost the penalties, weird.

Aye it's all from the same central source. Same for a lot of the fitba scores apps. Will correct at some point but will be a simple mistake by the lad or lass tasked with logging the result 

Just now, Phillips455 said:

Also, there goes any chance of being seeded. Now if we make it the draw will be against the most difficult opponents.

Would 11/12 points (if we beat QP and East Fife in 90 right enough) not see us seeded as that would win us the group?

Just now, 21maxwell said:

Hopefully Blaney, Casey, McGinn going forward please until Butcher's back.

It will be - we've played a weakened team tonight to give folk minutes and just about got away with it. 

We know that a defence with both Lamie and Mugabe isn't nearly good enough  (even against lower division teams) and that isn't going to happen from now on. 

If we win next two games we may well scrape through as a seed. Although if I recall being a seed actually never did us any favours for most of the time we were seeded. Always seemed to end up with top flight sides anyways. 

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Also, there goes any chance of being seeded. Now if we make it the draw will be against the most difficult opponents.

Not sure that's the case with 2 games still to be played across all groups surely. Not as good a chance but the 3 teams on 6 points, now for example, all need to play premiership opposition in their next 2 so will likely drop points.

Edited by eliphas

2 minutes ago, Quatermass said:

Would 11/12 points (if we beat QP and East Fife in 90 right enough) not see us seeded as that would win us the group?

Only top 3 group winners get seeded. I have no doubt atleast 3 teams will get maximum points. Additionally there's goal difference involved too.

Basically, bet on a potential Old firm fixture in round 2 if we make it. Atleast lamie will be suspended for the Qurens Park game  Right?

2 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Not sure that's the case with 2 games still to be played across all groups surely. Not as good a chance but the 3 teams on 6 points, now for example, all need to play premiership opposition in their next 2 so will likely drop points.

There are quite a few teams who have played only 1 game with 3 points. A few of them being Premiership teams as well.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Only top 3 group winners get seeded. I have no doubt atleast 3 teams will get maximum points. Additionally there's goal difference involved too.

Basically, bet on a potential Old firm fixture in round 2 if we make it. Atleast lamie will be suspended for the Qurens Park game  Right?

I think you are right. I’d expect Killie, Livi, Dundee and/or Ross County could do us here.

Stick on for Celtic or Rangers away if we progress.

This comp is crazy with it’s rules. Feel I need to learn them all every other summer.

To be fair if we do end up with 11 points out of 12 that will represent a very decent return. Especially with the team line ups in the last two games. 

I hope we revert to our strongest 11 at home to Queens Park. Arguably out toughest fixture albeit tonight was tricky….

As stated above there is as much of a chance of Livi, Killie and County dropping a point or two somewhere along the line as there is all 3 winning all their games. 

Edited by welldaft

5 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

That appears to have been a Hammell thing. McGinn was listed as captain in Kelly's absence tonight.

Ahh maybe they need to change it on the official site for the First Team.