Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I think we should all realise that Moult is just not tall enough for Kettlewell. He does like them 6ft2 or above for the forward line….. that’s a Kettlewell prerequisite.

In all seriousness I would have taken him back as by all accounts his fitness and injury concerns were identified and rectified. It would have been a gamble but in my opinion one worth taking. 

7 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Fed up of the Moult chat. Wish him luck at Dundee United bit think it's time to let bygones be bygones 

Get used to it. It’s going to be all season. Especially when we go through a spell of struggling to score and relying on a Theo Bair and Jon Obika forward line…

If we had brought Moult back and he was crocked again (it's literally the first game of the season remember) - there would (rightly) have been flaming torches and pitchforks outside the main entrance at Fir Park. Utd might also be paying him more than we would/could because they don't mind making multi-million pound losses every year.

If he does well for Utd in the First Division and he's over his injury problems - absolutely fair play to him and Utd for taking the gamble. 

Just out of interest, what are folks predictions for the new season. 

Champions - probably Celtic narrowly from Rangers this year. Dont really care tbh. Would like to beat one of them at least once tho. Can’t see it however.

Cups - Rangers to win the Scottish Cup and Aberdeen the league cup….

3rd in the league. Aberdeen I think, should be at a canter. But will depend on Barry Robson, ‘Ken like’. 

Hibs, Hearts & St Mirren to make up the rest of the top 6.

Relegation - Livi, eventually I think this will be their year and will go down. Narrowly over St Johnstone.

Motherwell - We will finish 8th in the league, lose to St Mirren in the league cup and papped out in the quarter finals off the Scottish Cup to Hearts.

Our player of the season will be Blair Spittal. 
Top Goal scorer will be Spittal or Wilkinson.

Stuart Kettlewell to break all managerial talking records for minutes in a season. 

I fucking love Louis Moult.

Our decision to not sign him was 100% correct regardless what he does against these pub teams.
I hope he scores 40 goals this year and fucks off for a final pay day.

It's not about "Bair/Obika/Wilkinson or Moult" comparisons that folk will make.

3 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Just out of interest, what are folks predictions for the new season. 

Champions - probably Celtic narrowly from Rangers this year. Dont really care tbh. Would like to beat one of them at least once tho. Can’t see it however.

Cups - Rangers to win the Scottish Cup and Aberdeen the league cup….

3rd in the league. Aberdeen I think, should be at a canter. But will depend on Barry Robson, ‘Ken like’. 

Hibs, Hearts & St Mirren to make up the rest of the top 6.

Relegation - Livi, eventually I think this will be their year and will go down. Narrowly over St Johnstone.

Motherwell - We will finish 8th in the league, lose to St Mirren in the league cup and papped out in the quarter finals off the Scottish Cup to Hearts.

Our player of the season will be Blair Spittal. 
Top Goal scorer will be Spittal or Wilkinson.

Stuart Kettlewell to break all managerial talking records for minutes in a season. 

1 Rangers 

2 Celtic 

3 Aberdeen 

4 Hibs 

5 Motherwell 

6 St Mirren 

7 Kilmarnock 

8 Hearts

9 Ross County 

10 Livi 

11 Dundee 

12 St Johnstone