Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I am swithering tbh. Supported him all season. But his line up and recent subs have been surprising. 

We outplayed Celtic 1st half Sat. So let’s leave Vale and Gent on the bench. Two of our better and most potent performers of late. Go figure 

Got to imagine neither are fully fit. Can't be any other reason for it. 

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I am swithering tbh. Supported him all season. But his line up and recent subs have been surprising. 

We outplayed Celtic 1st half Sat. So let’s leave Vale and Gent on the bench. Two of our better and most potent performers of late. Go figure 

I'd assume they're injured...but if not, it's possible he looked at a good performance v county followed by shite in Morton and decided a couple of fresh legs needed this time.

Tbh as grim a watch as it's been, we've not been massively worse than them. But when you combine for two hideous errors to gift the lead as we did, being only on par for the rest of an attritional half doesn't really cut it.

Kettlewell is utterly clueless yet folk will still defend him for some unknown reason. 

He should have gone after County pumped us 3-0 but, unbeknownst to everyone, he instead had another year sitting on his contract. 

Devine on his wrong side and SOD who is beyond slow out wide yet Kettlewell is screaming at the players to get it out there. WHIT?! Add to that, Gent and Vale who have been 2 of our better players in recent weeks are benched. 

Oh and the defence that keeps making the same mistakes week after week make a c**t of it again. I'm sure Kettlewell will comment on it post match but we'll likely be watching the same shitshow against Rangers on Saturday. It's not as if he works with these players day in day out and can coach them or anything like that. 

TL;DR - I'm a bit pissed off. 

The fact the (centre) defence has never been addressed is fucking criminal. 

We've played this fucking 5-2-3 (or whatever you all wanna call it) relentlessly is fucking wild anaw. 

If a team doesn't play a high line against us we're fucked and clueless what to do, 

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Oh and the defence that keeps making the same mistakes week after week make a c**t of it again. I'm sure Kettlewell will comment on it post match but we'll likely be watching the same shitshow against Rangers on Saturday. It's not as if he works with these players day in day out and can coach them or anything like that. 

TL;DR - I'm a bit pissed off. 

Rangers will fucking ream us on Saturday.

I'm guessing Gent not fit and I'm pretty sure Vale himself said he's not up to speed yet so I'd assumed the changes were to rest them after Sunday. Devine on the left just doesn't work, it's like Kettlewell didn't learn anything from playing Brodie Spencer on the wrong side for months.

1 minute ago, 'WellDel said:

Rangers will fucking ream us on Saturday.

Rangers to win and +3.5 is the bet. Saddens me to say. But no way they are not scoring 4goals + against our defence.

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Rangers to win and +3.5 is the bet. Saddens me to say. But no way they are not scoring 4goals + against our defence.

Aye, they seem a lot better since their new manager came in. If they could take 5 off Hearts last Saturday, fk knows how badly we could fare.

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I know we won't but give Blair Spittal whatever he wants

Christ knows where we would be without him. 

He has turned into our most valuable player by some distance. Shame we won’t be able to keep him. As long as he does not end up in Paisley. surely he would have better suitors..

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Looks like we can play all evening and not score.

Add to the fact Aberdeen are shite and this getting rather worrying now. 

Back down to 10th as it stands 

Was I busy saying that top 6 is not out of the question. 😂

Great second half display. 

I criticised Kettlewell for his changes at the weekend, he has got tonight's absolutely spot on. Vale terrific, took his goal so well too. 

Great ball in from SODs for the first goal, smart finish from Nicholson. Second goal a thing of beauty. Team have worked so hard in the second half. 

Also, Kelly looked better. The confident way he took the corner on 85 minutes was just what we needed at that point. Decent game from SODs too, couple of really important pieces of defending from him. Huge win. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I was happy to let Kettlewell see out the next few months afore getting annoyed if he got an extension, but we should have punted him ages ago. 

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm a fickle emotional guy the night. Ketts can hang about for now.

Jesus wept.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm a fickle emotional guy the night. Ketts can hang about for now.

I think we're all like that at the moment. It's despair to elation in the space of a few minutes.

Great second half, Vale absolutely changed the game.

Excellent second half, balls and quality on display in equal measure. Thoroughly deserved win in the end.

The first half was not as bad as some on here claimed, though I appreciate a meh 45 after booting it into your own net is hard to defend.

But the tide had been turned before the break and adding Vale up top basically meant Livingston couldn't cope with us. Fair play to SK, he rarely gets these things right but spot on there... though Vale made such a difference you can actually ask why he didn't start 😉

Virtually everyone would have taken four points from the last four and we have a gap to the bottom two and a free hit on Saturday. Had we not blown the cup...but anyway, spilt milk under the bridge, we have a shot to nothing on Saturday and then a breather before four games which give us the chance to approach safety pre-split.

Crisis, what crisis?

Edited by Handsome_Devil