Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Good ball in from Halliday but I don’t fancy seeing him and Paton in the same 11 much this season. Balmer has looked decent so far. 

Liking the look of Balmer and young Dylan Wells so far. 

Paton is Paton. We know what we're getting from him. He'll run about a lot, put in the effort, but he's clearly a player of limited ability. Likely to give you a 7/10 most weekends I think.

Could the Well Society give us a vote on ever seeing a midfield pairing of Andrew William Halliday and Harrison Theodore Paton please?

Many thanks.

Wells looks bright, as does Balmer, SODs has been decent too. Need more creativity in this team though. 

Edited by MurrayWell

Paton always looks busy, kind of like the person who's always running to meetings in the office.

Wilson looks tentative, and Wells seems to be building confidence and getting more involved.

We're getting var penalties off of that Kofi throw in this season.

1 minute ago, MurrayWell said:

Could the Well Society give us a vote on ever seeing a midfield pairing of Andrew William Halliday and Harrison Theodore Paton please?

Many thanks.

Wells looks bright, as does Balmer, SODs has been decent too. Need more creativity in this team though. 

I don't think anyone has played poorly but if we'd named this XI in a league game it would have been deemed cautious. Against a side not only parked on their box but without the ability to even venture up the park on the break, resulting in occasional space, it's just very, very pedestrian.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I don't think anyone has played poorly but if we'd named this XI in a league game it would have been deemed cautious. Against a side not only parked on their box but without the ability to even venture up the park on the break, resulting in occasional space, it's just very, very pedestrian.

Aye I think we've been more than comfortable. Agreed, would like a bit more creativity in the middle, especially in a game we'll dominate possession in. 

Job done, not a vintage performance but absolutely comfortable throughout. I enjoy the league cup groups, but the games can feel a bit like pre-season at times. Just important you get through. 

1 minute ago, MurrayWell said:

Job done, not a vintage performance but absolutely comfortable throughout. I enjoy the league cup groups, but the games can feel a bit like pre-season at times. Just important you get through. 

Getting through the group stages should hopefully calm some of the "if we don't do well in the cups and finish last we're doomed without Barmack's investment!!" crowd. 

Difficult to really judge the players against opposition so limited, but liking the look of big Balmer at the back. Getting Shaun Hutchinson vibes from him. Thought Robinson & Stuparevic looked sharp when they came on too. Wells looks like a decent wee player, albeit still looks a bit away from being ready for regular first team football. 

Decent enough watch this afternoon. Onwards!

The main thing I learned from today was that I now know why Ebiye is so adept at scoring with one touch.

I still think we're at the "minutes in legs" stage for many of the squad, so a comfortable win is nice.

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

Wells looks like a decent wee player, albeit still looks a bit away from being ready for regular first team football. 

While that's true, I'd like to see us start to actually bleed these young guys into the team and see if they're capable. Give him some minutes over a good few months and we'll know if we have a player on our hands. Much better than papping him out on loan for six months I think.