Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

34 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Great news on the bid - the club statement is what it is and I think the bid discussion did split the fans. I mean, we've spent the last how many weeks moaning that Facebook and Twitter/X was full of people wanting to vote for it. So I don't think we can argue that it didn't create division. There's obviously more to it than that but.....it's a statement, who cares at this point? It's done. 

Good on the WS and the supporters like @Vietnam91 who have had this consume them. Now will be interesting to see what happens at Club Board level and who is appointed to the WS board places this year. 

Warm toast and melty butter for me. Wife also a cold toast mentalist.

Just one cog in a bigger and well oiled machine

8 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

A form of molten lava once prepped if I recall correctly?

This is like all those morons that gave pop-tarts a bad name for burning themselves; What on earth were they doing? Catching them out of the toaster with your mouth?!

1 minute ago, witchfindergeneral said:

The thread is so back.

How do yous like yer cups of tea?

Milk last, after the tea bag is out.

From a pot, milk first and a straight pour.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It is, makes their point clearly and strongly without coming over as bitter or vindictive.

Also while things could change, there is currently no suggestion EB will be re-engaging with the process. Which in itself justifies a comprehensive rejection, some will say.

One of the most pleasing aspects of this whole debacle is the professionalism and decorum portrayed by the Well Society board  against a backdrop of false narratives. 

Another is the realisation that there is a community of talent within the fanbase who could be harnessed as subject matter experts providing expert advice to the Well Society.in their area of expertise.

From each according to their ability to the club according to its need...

6 minutes ago, real-name-hidden said:

I mean.. is there another way to do it? 

With modern ovens, yes... i have a hot air grilling option, so the cheese gets melted on top while the back of the toast gets crisp and it's good to go with no flip required.

46 minutes ago, Desp said:

I just assumed pop-tarts got a bad name because they were fucking rotten?

It's people like you that made me so nervous about this vote.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

It's people like you that made me so nervous about this vote.

You're in your 30s.  You're not American.  Grow up, Graeme.

Fucking pop-tarts.

Sorry to distract from the toast chat lads. I've been lurking on here for years now and like most of you the whole investment thing gave me the absolute fear. There was a point whilst I was spending soooo much time doom scrolling fan pages on Facebook when I thought Motherwell fans just might have been daft enough to vote this through.

However, through it all I have been impressed and encouraged by many on here and in the Well Society in standing up, scrutinising and calling out the bullshit from both the "outgoing chairman", EB and those on social media. 

IMO This is a huge win for fan ownership and for me highlights how important it is as without it we could very well have been subjected to takeover like the one proposed which would have been a very dangerous path for us.

I think The Well Society have been absolutely class in the information, statements, podcasts, articles etc etc I have seen throughout so decided I would up my fairly modest contributions. I couldn't find a way to do this online and I emailed them about two weeks ago but got no response... Can anyone who has upped their subscription money recently kindly explain how they went about this please? 

2 minutes ago, higdon said:

However, through it all I have been impressed and encouraged by many on here and in the Well Society in standing up, scrutinising and calling out the bullshit from both the "outgoing chairman", EB and those on social media. 

It's The Thread  Wot Won It

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

"Not before time, our industry (swap for members?) have found it's voice, it must be heard" He’s obviously forgot that in three years. Not all pilot's are that inconsistent.

Jeez, the way his posts were constructed I thought he was a wee ned, that is scary

7 minutes ago, higdon said:

I think The Well Society have been absolutely class in the information, statements, podcasts, articles etc etc I have seen throughout so decided I would up my fairly modest contributions. I couldn't find a way to do this online and I emailed them about two weeks ago but got no response... Can anyone who has upped their subscription money recently kindly explain how they went about this please? 

I've been donating long enough that myself and Junior Handsome are contributing via standing order rather than direct debit - anyone in that boat can just do it themselves. Juniorette Handsome is a direct debit though and like you I've had no response - I mailed again this morning but I can only imagine they (or more accurately, I suspect, Sally alone) are dealing with a broad and substantial backlog.

12 minutes ago, higdon said:

Sorry to distract from the toast chat lads. I've been lurking on here for years now and like most of you the whole investment thing gave me the absolute fear. There was a point whilst I was spending soooo much time doom scrolling fan pages on Facebook when I thought Motherwell fans just might have been daft enough to vote this through.

IMO This is a huge win for fan ownership and for me highlights how important it is as without it we could very well have been subjected to takeover like the one proposed which would have been a very dangerous path for us.

Trythis link, thats how i restarted mine, then e mail them to say you've done it

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/club/well-society/about-the-well-society/