Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Desp said:

You're in your 30s.  You're not American.  Grow up, Graeme.

Fucking pop-tarts.

I'd say Pop-Tarts were the main food group I ate during the first 6-12 months of the wean's life. 

It was class.

Went back there to see how many posts since @Busta Nut was first to mention this on the 10th, its actually been exactly 200 pages (or 5.6% of this whole threads total in the eight years its been going) in the past five weeks but only three pages on toast which is a travesty in itself.

Edited by Vietnam91

Grilled cheese is made by buttering 2 pieces of bread on both sides, sticking some cheese in the middle then cooking it in a frying pan. You can use the grill if you want, especially if you're doing more than a couple. It's fine, but not as good as roasted cheese.

Toast should be buttered immediately because then the toast soaks up more butter. This is just my position on the matter, I (clearly) do not speak for all Colins.

Some breakfast places here only toast one side of the bread, which is weird. 

21 minutes ago, higdon said:

Sorry to distract from the toast chat lads. I've been lurking on here for years now and like most of you the whole investment thing gave me the absolute fear. There was a point whilst I was spending soooo much time doom scrolling fan pages on Facebook when I thought Motherwell fans just might have been daft enough to vote this through.

However, through it all I have been impressed and encouraged by many on here and in the Well Society in standing up, scrutinising and calling out the bullshit from both the "outgoing chairman", EB and those on social media. 

IMO This is a huge win for fan ownership and for me highlights how important it is as without it we could very well have been subjected to takeover like the one proposed which would have been a very dangerous path for us.

I think The Well Society have been absolutely class in the information, statements, podcasts, articles etc etc I have seen throughout so decided I would up my fairly modest contributions. I couldn't find a way to do this online and I emailed them about two weeks ago but got no response... Can anyone who has upped their subscription money recently kindly explain how they went about this please? 

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago asking the same question. They got straight back to me by email within hours and sorted things out for me. I pay through "Go Cardless" and my revised subscription, which I doubled, begins in August. I received an email confirming that the old monthly payment was cancelled and another email confirming the revised payment.

The WS do need to make it much easier to join up, restart or increase payments, especially on the crest of this victorious wave.

1 minute ago, rowsdower said:

Grilled cheese is made by buttering 2 pieces of bread on both sides, sticking some cheese in the middle then cooking it in a frying pan. You can use the grill if you want, especially if you're doing more than a couple. It's fine, but not as good as roasted cheese.

Sounds like a cheese toastie to me

1 minute ago, rowsdower said:

Toast should be buttered immediately because then the toast soaks up more butter. This is just my position on the matter, I (clearly) do not speak for all Colins.

Some breakfast places here only toast one side of the bread, which is weird. 

The also serve whipped butter which is an abomination

13 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Cheese toastie

Just now, capt_oats said:

It's not.

IMO a toastie you make in a Breville toastie maker. Clamped down, crusts sealed.

As @rowsdower says the grilled cheese is its own thing.

I agree with this summation.

Toasties: Breville (Or other brand)
Grilled cheese: the above.

34 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'd say Pop-Tarts were the main food group I ate during the first 6-12 months of the wean's life. 

It was class.

Not long back from Florida and the family exhibited the same high excitement levels for a trip to Walmart as they did going to the Disney parks. One of the main reasons is the vast array of Pop Tarts on offer...

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I tried the good @Doctor Manhattan's air fryer toast on my break there - interesting - nice and crispy- would try again but a bit of a faff if you have a toaster.

Shame you can't grill/toast/roast your cheese and bread in a Ninja though or at least I've not had any success.

You absolutely can, I've just done mine in it for lunch! 5 minutes gets it just perfect. Only thing is you need to check it regularly to make sure the cheese isn't flying around the inside of the air fryer.

Just now, fat_tony said:

You absolutely can, I've just done mine in it for lunch! 5 minutes gets it just perfect. Only thing is you need to check it regularly to make sure the cheese isn't flying around the inside of the air fryer.

This is where I have been going wrong. Ends up in a melted lump in the corner of the frier. I was possibly cooking at too high a temperature too.

For me, it's only a toastie if it's made in a breville, or a knock off equivalent. It seals the edges to keep the beans in and the like.

I got a cheap toastie maker last year and it only switches off the heat if you unplug it, death trap. We were going to give up our club to someone who's country condones that.

As with everyone else, I'm upping my direct debit, as soon as I'm done with breakfast.

1 minute ago, Claudia Gentile said:

This is where I have been going wrong. Ends up in a melted lump in the corner of the frier. I was possibly cooking at too high a temperature too.

200 degrees C, 5 minutes. Making sure you slice the cheese thick helps stop it flying about.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

Any Motherwell fan who calls it "Toasted Cheese" needs marched out the front door alongside McMahon & Dickie.

Wait aren't we trying to expand the fanbase? Some East coast weirdos might call it that