Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'm all for it, he's a good player that wouldn't be available to us otherwise. Brings experience and cuntishness to the team, and and solidifies an area where we are weak, giving Miller some protection too.

35 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Honestly, the deafening silence here makes me think some elements of the thread are disappointed when we we're winning, as it goes against the narrative.

Mmm. Allow some time to enjoy it perhaps... but anyway, I took some time because I honestly don't know what to make of that or us so far really.

Objectively despite our injuries we're where we want to be in the LC and did fine away to Rangers. The only black mark is being held at home by County. We've also played seven games plus an ET and conceded only four goals - two of which were deflections.

Alternatively, anyone who's actually watched us - in general or today - would admit it's largely been pulling teeth...even today, as great as it is to be through, we were playing half a reserve side a few days before Killie begin a potentially era defining tie. Oh and they had 10 men for yonks.

Still, it's a results business so let's look at the brighter side for now even if there are still clouds on the horizon.

New boy looked good, will be curious to see how he goes in 11v11 mind.

I enjoyed that today, we were the better team throughout.

Maswanhise looks like a great addition, so entertaining on the ball. Watt showed exactly why we brought him back, reads everything well and is just a good all round footballer. Another great finish from Moses too.

Robinson knocked his pan in again and is a tidy player,  but I'm not sure he's a central striker and if he is I'm really not sure he's a lone striker. 

Ryan Jack is a top player on his day, a solid addition. 

Edited by MurrayWell

17 minutes ago, TheMotherwell1 said:

Maswanhise looks very good.

He was the only one who looked like they were comfortable running with the ball. I like the look of him so far.

Who knows what our formation is going to be with all these attackers on the books?

I'm not just saying this because those ITK have said it too but I've assumed we'd be signing Jack for a few days now. Have we ever had someone in for training while OOC and it turning out that they were genuinely just keeping their fitness up before signing elsewhere?

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not just saying this because those ITK have said it too but I've assumed we'd be signing Jack for a few days now. Have we ever had someone in for training while OOC and it turning out that they were genuinely just keeping their fitness up before signing elsewhere?

Martin Woods.

On 18/08/2017 at 17:12, capt_oats said:

Edit: bit more Columbo-ing from me when I was watching the training ground footage on YouTube earlier. Who dis guy? Martin Woods?

599733472ab49_pre-RossCountyTraining.thumb.png.3840db249e4012bfbfbe1d195138ee5b.png