Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Clay was an absolute archetypal low cost squad player. He wasn't a liability in any way just very limited. Had a great attitude and was a decent sort to have around the place...

4 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

He doubled his wages when Groningen were promoted.

Unless he’s prepared to take a massive pay cut he’ll be nowhere near Scotland.

It could be the case that Groningen are willing to come to a payoff settlement with him to get him off their books. It's an expensive experiment that clearly hasn't worked for them.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, my abiding memory of Clay was that he was simply not a top flight player quality-wise, but he worked really f**king hard.

I also may be mis-remembering but I feel like we just had a constantly changing cast of midfielders that season, with Lasley beginning to creak, Pearson joining in the second half of the season, Lee Lucas looking like a decent option "if fit" before he tried to murder an Accies jobber, McHugh's head exploding on the opening day, Campbell and MacLean starting to get appearances, just a lot of changes throughout the season that saw Clay end up playing far more than anticipated. 

Was it Lee Lucas who played like prime Pirlo for one solitary game?

19 hours ago, kendog said:

Welcome to my stomping ground Dan Electro. I've lived in Sandhurst, Berkshire since 1986. 400 miles from Fir Park and still a season ticket holder / WS member. Hope you enjoy your time down here. 

Cheers, matey. Know Bracknell a bit as I used to work for Syngenta. Already been to Pryzm in Kingston upon Thames, and all Points East festival. Looking forward to gigs at The Boiler Room in Guildford, and Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms once the undergraduate students return.....

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

SODs renaissance news

It doesn't really matter but them putting SOD at centre half has annoyed me more than it should do. His average position on Sunday was closer to our Striker than it was any of the Centre backs.Screenshot_20240827-0854352.thumb.png.9a823f94f55c9eb676ceeff91cbeebc1.png

3 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

It doesn't really matter but them putting SOD at centre half has annoyed me more than it should do. His average position on Sunday was closer to our Striker than it was any of the Centre backs.Screenshot_20240827-0854352.thumb.png.9a823f94f55c9eb676ceeff91cbeebc1.png

World class players can play anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Al B said:

Was it Lee Lucas who played like prime Pirlo for one solitary game?

I just checked his Wiki page which suggests he has bounced around various Welsh league teams since leaving us. Looks like the boy had one injury after another after breaking through at Swansea 15 years ago.

Makes Ross Callachan look like an ever- present.

4 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I saw that Kirsty Alsopp (TV presenter) was under fire for allowing her 15 year-old child to go Interrailing.

One year you can go on the 241 bus from Coltness to Motherwell to go to Fir Park and then then the next you can catch trains all around Europe.

My father had a Lloyds bank account in 1980. He used to send me into Glasgow aged nine to withdraw GBP 200 from the branch on either Bothwell or Waterloo Street. This was decades before LINK was a thing.

Truly find some of today's takes ex society bewildering.

23 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

TJ looks offside.

1 minute ago, MurrayWell said:

Lee Lucas, Craig Clay, Kieran Kennedy, Louis Laing, Mark McGhee, what an era for alliteration and underwhelming fitba. 

Robert Russell. What an era for alliteration, and, a trophy-winning side.....