Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Aye, the trebuchet tactic is quite a handy thing to have both offensively and to relieve pressure.

Good to see Ap Stam get off the mark and another good performance by Ox.

We actually have viable options on team selection/subs as well now.

I have always liked Moses, all season I have consistently hinted that there were hints of a donkey in there, I criticised his running style but I thought he was excellent when he came on today.

Happy for Apostolos Stamatelopolous to get a goal and open his account for us. Got to be a player to have such an audacious name.

Also glad Halliday got a goal he gets stick sometimes from our support which I think is mostly unmerited. 

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Great result today but, most importantly, we're 5 points and 6 goals better off than St Mirren and with a game in hand. 

Rumour has it St Mirren are in talks with our game in hand to see if they can have it. 

Was a strange game today, felt they started the better side, forcing a tremendous double save from Oxborough. Then we had a great spell before half time, but other than that the first half was pretty much a non-event. 

Second half, we were solid (SOD brainfart aside) and took our chances brilliantly. Not really sure why there is a bit of chat that we nicked it in the match thread. We certainly weren't at our best but I thought, for the most part, we were absolutely fine and looked like we had a game plan that was working. 

Great finish from Apostolos Stamatelopoulos, led the line brilliantly too.

Got to hope we're looking to extend the Ox and Wilson's deals ASAP. 

9 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Second half, we were solid (SOD brainfart aside) and took our chances brilliantly. Not really sure why there is a bit of chat that we nicked it in the match thread. We certainly weren't at our best but I thought, for the most part, we were absolutely fine and looked like we had a game plan that was working. 

Ox had the double save, we cleared off the line, Ox had a great hand bottom right, saved a sitter from Cadden and we scored with our second half chance of the game.

There definitely wasn't much in it but we scored out the blue with our only our second half chance of the game. From then on we obviously had an element of control (brain fart apart) but if that had been reversed, we'd have been absolutely kicking ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Ox had the double save, we cleared off the line, Ox had a great hand bottom right, saved a sitter from Cadden and we scored with our second half chance of the game.

Aye... but apart from all that? 

Nah, I get you. I still felt weirdly comfortable watching it, even when Hibs had us under pressure. Also forgot about the clearance off the line if I'm honest. 

Just thought it was fairly even overall. 

Edited by MurrayWell

9 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Aye... but apart from all that? 

Nah, I get you. I still felt weirdly comfortable watching it, even when Hibs had us under pressure. Also forgot about the clearance off the line if I'm honest. 

Just thought it was fairly even overall. 

Having the ball is overrated if you're solid at the back...and while that list looks quite one-sided, the double save is a single chance, the bottom corner was from distance. I think the one off the line came from Ox punching it off their guy (rather than missing it - so that might have been luck) and Cadden came from a poor Robinson error.

So if you add some caveats, for having very little of the ball, we were basically opened up only once.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

We gave hibs so many opportunities to win that game, and we were sloppy with the ball on multiple occasions. I assume the players just knew that hibs weren't going to do anything about it, so just f**ked about.

AP looks like the real deal, and Wilson is solid. The subs worked really well today, and I thought Sparrow's running made a huge difference in the second half.

Hibs fans must hate Cadden as much as some of ours do.