Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Whilst I agree that Murdoch was outstanding (and Hutton is a total diddy) I think you might be forgetting a certain wee striker who now plays for Dundee...

Nah it was big Chresy that turned things for them at the right time.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See the electronic advertising board on Whittlets road at the old petrol garage near Tesco's has the Dunfermline game advertised.  Hopefully this becomes a regular occurrence!

This is one of the most heartening posts I have ever read on here about my club.

At long last!!!!

This is one of the most heartening posts I have ever read on here about my club.

At long last!!!!

Im delighted, from me forcing social media posters upon them to properly advertising now.

We either need Moore back within the next 2 weeks or just have to let him go and look for someone else.  Can't go more than a quarter of the season without a first choice striker.  Love Craigy, but today we badly needed a striker to put a chance away.

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Nah it was big Chresy that turned things for them at the right time.

I think our points total was pretty consistent throughout the four quarters.

Again though, it's pretty simplistic to simply say "One player won such and such the title", If we hadn't won it so early we would've been top by well over 20 points, we had very good players at that level throughout the team. And while some Ayr fans don't like to admit it we were kinda stronger around all the positions, we conceded less goals and scored a shit ton more. Ayr were about four players away from a consistent title challenge, quite a large amount really.

Edited to add:-History now though seing as both teams got promoted.

I think our points total was pretty consistent throughout the four quarters.

Again though, it's pretty simplistic to simply say "One player won such and such the title", If we hadn't won it so early we would've been top by well over 20 points, we had very good players at that level throughout the team. And while some Ayr fans don't like to admit it we were kinda stronger around all the positions, we conceded less goals and scored a shit ton more. Ayr were about four players away from a consistent title challenge, quite a large amount really.

Edited to add:-History now though seing as both teams got promoted.

Cheesy strengthened your defence when it looked not great. It went back to that when he left. Due to our drop off (Doc off IMO) you would have won it regardless but he definately was a very big signing.

He was a very good signing and at the very least playing one level below, I'd love to have him now.

We only ended up signing him due to Fordyce getting that injury, who looked alright at that level, we still would've won the title.

Would love to have him back again, good defender.

The fais overhead kick is sheer orgasm.

Refusing to watch this but is this where Murphy refused to pass the ball even though he was going to lose it and made a half hearted at best effort to get back?

Did rangers fans not steal it so they could hang it upside down or something inexplicably stupid along those lines

No that was the ragazzi flag

5636c6e47abd5f233f4a8b4cbb21d27d.jpg

518b7507ae2a1828c82482dd2cd6d369.jpg

Hung it upside down

539230ecbec8425b64814a6e379314ea.jpg

Ripped it up just before we scored

On 25 September 2016 at 17:23, falkirkwasp said:

I see daryll seems to be playing most or every game since singing for you guys, hows he doing?

Loves an own goal. Nah In all seriousness I like him, has formed a solid partnership with Conrad Balatoni at the heart of defence. I understand he played at left back for you lot however he hasn't played there yet for us. 

How's Andy Graham doing? Feel he was a bit harshly treated by ourselves. Lovely guy. 

Archived