Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Moore out for a month, see you in 4 Craig.

If it's still his concussion then fairdoos.  If it's his knee then why was he not back with us. 

54 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If it's still his concussion then fairdoos.  If it's his knee then why was he not back with us. 

McCall has been reluctant to discuss the injury which begs that question. Personally I don't beleive it's his head injury.

58 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

McCall has been reluctant to discuss the injury which begs that question. Personally I don't beleive it's his head injury.

The context in the Ayrshire Post pretty much says it is. Dizzy spells and coughing up blood; also talking about his health being the most important thing. So must be the head injury and a pretty bad one at that.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

I believe that is because Motherwell have not been forthcoming with information. 

How would a head knock make you cough up blood?  The way we're playing at the moment, a 4-5-1 formation is probably our best option anyway with Nisbet looking reasonable as the 1 up front.  Personally I'd send Moore back and look elsewhere - he's a decent player and would be worth persevering with if he was our player, but as a loan player who isn't a long term option, I'm not sure it's worth this level of grief.

It's not like Moore has picked up another injury like last season. Simply unlucky to get this level of concussion. He will be back in a month and considering it's been a year and a half since McCall said we needed a genuine wide player and we still don't have one I don't imagine a replacement would be particularly forthcoming. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye cause being a month into the league  season with no adequate wide players or defence is efficiency at its finest. 

Was it ok last year?

Yer boi Itzdrk has certainly changed his tune. Previosuly saying things like "we need a whole new back 4 and comparing it to the worst Aye defence in living memory and saying we will break a new record for the lowest points total.

Archived