Please answer 3 dumb questions

1. On RangersTV the announcers seemed really disgusted at the Hibs fans pitch invasion. Is this some massive sign of disrespect?

2. What % of Rangers fans would switch seasons with Hibs? Championship winners/promotion vs. Cup winners/Europa?

3. Let's say I tell you that Rangers are going to win X number of Premier League titles and 0 Scottish Cups over the next 10 years, where X is greater than 1. How many Scottish Cups over that 10 years would I have to give you in order to take away 1 of your Premier League titles? Just curious about the relative value of the two trophies.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. On RangersTV the announcers seemed really disgusted at the Hibs fans pitch invasion. Is this some massive sign of disrespect?

2. What % of Rangers fans would switch seasons with Hibs? Championship winners/promotion vs. Cup winners/Europa?

3. Let's say I tell you that Rangers are going to win X number of Premier League titles and 0 Scottish Cups over the next 10 years, where X is greater than 1. How many Scottish Cups over that 10 years would I have to give you in order to take away 1 of your Premier League titles? Just curious about the relative value of the two trophies.

Today was a sair yin - but we deservedly lost.  No need to try and rationalise it or discount futures.  Let's take the defeat square on the chin and be good losers.  Deal?

Rangers would have chosen the League this season. They've won plenty of Cups and will do again. Getting promoted was an essential element of this 'journey' lark though.

Hibs would have chosen the Cup. They've been relegated and promoted before in living memory. They will inevitably get promoted some time soon. Winning this Cup had however, become huge for them and there really was that sense of history about it when it happened.

The relative value of things in football is not fixed. It can vary, according to club and specific circumstances.

No kunt would've chosen the cup, would've loved to have won it but getting out of the championship and being champs over a whole season is the dugs baws.

No kunt would've chosen the cup, would've loved to have won it but getting out of the championship and being champs over a whole season is the dugs baws.

Yeah, but if you could have gone up via the play offs and won the cup, that would surely be better. You've never won the cup.

Yeah, but if you could have gone up via the play offs and won the cup, that would surely be better. You've never won the cup.

Are you part of the .00001% of the world that doesn't consider the current Rangers as the legitimate heir to previous glory?

It's not really a funny, unique, or interesting opinion to hold. Eh.

Looked up your Cowtown on wiki. Congrats on all your accomplishments, but I assumed that this was more than a high school level message board.

It seems based on other threads that there was violence involved in the pitch invasion. It all looked like good fun on RangersTV, but they cut off 3 minutes after the match. The  announcers seemed highly offended. I'm still curious if they were offended on principle because of a pitch invasion after a victory or because they knew it would lead to violence.

It seems based on other threads that there was violence involved in the pitch invasion. It all looked like good fun on RangersTV, but they cut off 3 minutes after the match. The  announcers seemed highly offended. I'm still curious if they were offended on principle because of a pitch invasion after a victory or because they knew it would lead to violence.

I'm afraid that if you were relying on the Rangers TV guys, the offence you heard owed everything to Rangers losing a football match.

Yes

63.25%

I checked the marking scheme and y=3.166, so if you solve both simultaneously then you might get a value

HTH

Edit: Did my calculations wrong

2) Scottish Cup or another season in the Championship? My guess is 100% would prefer promotion. The Scottish Cup can wait. (Plus, it may possibly be a blessing in disguise not being in the Europa League next season as much as I'm sure we'd have enjoyed it.)

3) Who does the Premiership trophy go to instead?..... That's important. :)

Are you part of the .00001% of the world that doesn't consider the current Rangers as the legitimate heir to previous glory?

It's not really a funny, unique, or interesting opinion to hold. Eh.

If 0.0001% if the population held that opinion then I would consider it unique.

Interesting you use the term 'legitimate heir' - I thought the position was that the club was one and the same and not a young pretender.

Obviously winning the league and in the style we did was far more important than winning the Cup for Rangers.

The league is always the priority. Cups are just a wee bonus but league every time

I understand why Hibs supporters might see it differently. I am sure they are delighted they have won it and deservedly won it. They were by far the better team on the day.

It really does depend what team you support what silverware you prioritise.

I am in very real danger on agreeing with Monkey Tennis on this.

Promotion over cup every day if the week

Hibs fans will probably give the opposite answer and that is perfectly understandable in their circumstances , reality is we will probably win the scottish cup at some point in the next few years whereas with hibs that will probably not be the case

Promotion over cup every day if the week

Hibs fans will probably give the opposite answer and that is perfectly understandable in their circumstances , reality is we will probably win the scottish cup at some point in the next few years whereas with hibs that will probably not be the case

Totally agree with you. I've been saying that to Rangers fans at woirk for over a week or so before the game. You'll definitely win it sooner than Hibs will, but in this case it will be one of those memories that will never be forgotten by the Hibees that were there on the day.

Archived