Hibernian FC- European assault

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll struggle to get a draw in either game, assuming Brøndby don't make a mess of their current tie.

As you would expect, they have a much stronger side on paper. Brøndby retained their squad from last season, with the exception of Daniel Agger (retired). We currently have Otso Virtanen as our senior goalkeeper. The Scandinavians have their very own Finn in Teemu Pukki, who has finally found his finishing boots. I hope Virtanen can keep his compatriot huffin' & puffin', eating up balls into the box with greater finesse than he did in the Scottish Cup.

"Both sides have new managers; they were both sacked by their previous club." That is the closest to a positive that I can think of, going into this tie. I reckon we'll get turned over - Home & Away.

I think we'll struggle to get a draw in either game, assuming Brøndby don't make a mess of their current tie.

As you would expect, they have a much stronger side on paper. Brøndby retained their squad from last season, with the exception of Daniel Agger (retired). We currently have Otso Virtanen as our senior goalkeeper. The Scandinavians have their very own Finn in Teemu Pukki, who has finally found his finishing boots. I hope Virtanen can keep his compatriot huffin' & puffin', eating up balls into the box with greater finesse than he did in the Scottish Cup.

"Both sides have new managers; they were both sacked by their previous club." That is the closest to a positive that I can think of, going into this tie. I reckon we'll get turned over - Home & Away.

After hearing Lennon's interview yesterday it sounds like he isn't expecting much. Always said this is just a bonus for winning the cup and not really bothered if we go out or not. It's just an excuse to get pished in a different country.

On 05/07/2016 at 9:12 AM, Hibeesbounce75 said:

After hearing Lennon's interview yesterday it sounds like he isn't expecting much. Always said this is just a bonus for winning the cup and not really bothered if we go out or not. It's just an excuse to get pished in a different country.

Same here. If we had entered Europe via placing high in the Premiership then this would be higher priority than it actually is. But given that Lennon is just in the door, and we have the far more important matter of getting out of this diddy division to worry about, I really don't care that much about progressing here. Still going to the away game though :thumsup2:guinness

Do the right thing lads. I've booked flights to Embra on Sep 16th to see the Honest Men at Easter Road on the 17th, flying back down straight after the game. If you beat Brøndby then go on a mazy in Europe & qualify for the group stages, the Ayr game gets shifted probably to the 18th.

You can conquer Europe next year, eh?

That is awful. 

Should be 15k there. 

I've read a few people say Easter Road should be sold out. When has Easter Road ever sold out in recent times with Hibs fans? Any sell out has a 3,500 away support too. Unrealistic. 

February

5 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

February

I think you misunderstood my point.

There were 3,600 Hearts fans there too. So Hibs would have to sell say 3,400 (give Bronby 200) more tickets for this game than for that game which I said was the unrealistic part. 

46 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Looks like no one can be arsed with this and we will be lucky to break 7k. Pathetic tbh.

Surprised by that I couldn't get one of the usual seats beside my mates and I didn't buy my ticket too long after they went on sale. Might be new ST holders taking up the seats I usually buy now. 

Surprised by that I couldn't get one of the usual seats beside my mates and I didn't buy my ticket too long after they went on sale. Might be new ST holders taking up the seats I usually buy now. 

Season tickets who didn't buy there seats were released last Friday. Every section apart from 3 in the east is green.

34 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

That is awful. 

Should be 15k there. 

I expected us to sell fewer tickets than we did for the Malmö game, but I didn't expect us to have sold this few.

An accumulation of factors may have led to fewer people buying tickets:

- Lennon made it clear that Hibs are not ready for the tie and will instead focus on the Championship.
- People exhausting their money on Scottish Cup memorabilia, merchandise and general aftermath nonsense.
- The fallout of the nuclear bomb dropped on the adult 'concessions' - maybe?
- What happened in Malmö, stayed in Malmö; what happened in Edinburgh, will stay with us forever. #neverletthemf07get

Archived