The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renfrew at home first up for us. I expect them to be well fired up after winning the Central League last season, but I also expect us to be well up for it with all our new additions.

Saturday 27th August 2016

Blantyre Victoria v Cumbernauld United

Irvine Meadow XI v Clydebank

Kilsyth Rangers v Shettleston

Petershill v Maryhill

Rutherglen Glencairn v Renfrew

Shotts Bon Accord v Girvan

Yoker Athletic v Irvine Victoria

Saturday 3rd September 2016

Clydebank v Shotts Bon Accord

Cumbernauld United v Yoker Athletic

Girvan v Petershill

Irvine Victoria v Blantyre Victoria

Maryhill v Kilsyth Rangers

Renfrew v Irvine Meadow XI

Shettleston v Rutherglen Glencairn

Saturday 10th September 2016

Clydebank v Yoker Athletic

Cumbernauld United v Irvine Victoria

Girvan v Blantyre Victoria

Irvine Meadow XI v Rutherglen Glencairn

Maryhill v Shotts Bon Accord

Renfrew v Kilsyth Rangers

Shettleston v Petershill

Saturday 17th September 2016

Blantyre Victoria v Maryhill

Irvine Victoria v Clydebank

Kilsyth Rangers v Irvine Meadow XI

Petershill v Renfrew

Rutherglen Glencairn v Cumbernauld United

Shotts Bon Accord v Shettleston

Yoker Athletic v Girvan

This is shaping up to be a cracking league this season. Much more interesting than the top league in terms of competitiveness.

It's always the case, the four teams going down and potentially three teams going up means that there are no meaningless matches.

Quite a few teams in the league this season who are making big changes to their playing squad. Irvine Meadow's entire squad is changing, and reports are that Blantyre Victoria are in a similar position. Petershill and Shettleston look like they're only holding onto a handful of players from last season. It'll be interesting to see how these squads settle in.

Petershill look like they've got a big budget with the players they're bringing down from super league. Clydebank got to start favourites though for me with their continuity from last season.

I know Peasy have signed a bundle from Irvine Meadow (who finished below last season's Peasy team), but who else have they signed from the top league ?

Petershill look like they've got a big budget with the players they're bringing down from super league. Clydebank got to start favourites though for me with their continuity from last season.

We should push on from last season after keeping most of our squad and added a couple a decent signings. Glencairn r the same they've kept most there squad surprised Duffy us away 2 shotts tho

Mon the papers

...Glencairn r the same they've kept most there squad surprised Duffy us away 2 shotts tho

Yes, we've only effectively lost two players from the end of last season, Duffy and Batchelor, but we've added a dozen players to the squad which was wafer-thin in the closing months of last season.

57 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I know Peasy have signed a bundle from Irvine Meadow (who finished below last season's Peasy team), but who else have they signed from the top league ?

I think they have another 1 or 2 in the pipeline from Medda also.

The guys they've signed might have finished below them last season but all was not well at Medda as was well documented these boys could have found other super league teams without many issues.

50 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

We should push on from last season after keeping most of our squad and added a couple a decent signings. Glencairn r the same they've kept most there squad surprised Duffy us away 2 shotts tho

Mon the papers

I think Clydebank have a right good chance this year, the league is going to fascinating  and think at least six teams have a chance.

I think Clydebank have a right good chance this year, the league is going to fascinating  and think at least six teams have a chance.

Which six ? Presumably Clydebank, Petershill and Shettleston, perhaps Irvine Meadow, who else?

Archived