The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yellowcard said:

First agreement of the season , teams missing loads of players due to holidays etc

We really mustn't make a habit of this, it's no fun. :thumbsdown :P

Seriously, though, teams are trying out new formations, trying out players in different positions, some use a lot of trialists or under 21s to see how they perform at junior level etc.

They are essential for fitness and team bonding, of course, but it's when the real stuff starts that it matters.

• 2 weeks later...

McBookie's odds for this league :-

WEST-DIV 1
5/2    Clydebank
9/2    Petershill
7/1    Irvine Meadow
7/1    Renfrew
10/1    Blantyre
10/1    Shettleston
10/1    Girvan
16/1    Kilsyth
20/1    Irvine Vics
20/1    Maryhill
25/1    Cumbernauld
25/1    Rutherglen
33/1    Shotts
33/1    Yoker
Each way 1/5 odds 1-2-3   

Your thoughts ?

Just 33/1 to win the league although I can't quite get my head round the fact that quite a few people (apart from the deluded Bankie support) think Clydebank will be promoted, same prediction every year & it never happens!!!!  Same with Petershill & Meadow, just because they came down doesn't mean they'll immediately go back up.  As we all know, the Super First is pure mental to get out of!!! :thumsup2

Not hard to see why we are favourites, still got the main men from last season and added experienced signings. While we just missed out on promotion yoker were scrambling for safety and only a late run got them out of trouble, hence the 33/1 chance of them winning the league.

Just 33/1 to win the league although I can't quite get my head round the fact that quite a few people (apart from the deluded Bankie support) think Clydebank will be promoted, same prediction every year & it never happens!!!!  Same with Petershill & Meadow, just because they came down doesn't mean they'll immediately go back up.  As we all know, the Super First is pure mental to get out of!!! :thumsup2

Calm down mate. No one from meadow has claimed to be going back up. Bankies are favourites because they're probably the best team in the league right now, similar with petershill

5 hours ago, Taxman said:

Never happens ? Must have been parachuted into the four year spell in the super premier. Watch out Taxman........Bubba's on fire !  Hope the Whe-Ho get promoted ( in 2nd place mind you )

Archived