The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see 44 pages on that?

What I can see is FTY criticising a particular game, which is fair enough. The present run of good form for the Bankies is great for the fans who until this run had witnessed an inconsistent team, change of management and a mixed bag of results. Whatever happens over the next few games these results have at least got us in the mix with 180 minutes to go - something unlikely but a month ago. All credit to the players and management team.

What I can see is FTY criticising a particular game, which is fair enough. The present run of good form for the Bankies is great for the fans who until this run had witnessed an inconsistent team, change of management and a mixed bag of results. Whatever happens over the next few games these results have at least got us in the mix with 180 minutes to go - something unlikely but a month ago. All credit to the players and management team.

This is true , because i thought u were totaly out of it aswell , credit were credits due .

I dont recall anyone saying Macenespie wasnt the man for it, there hadnt been any improvement initially, but the team seems to have clicked. I do think however the squad will need strengthened and I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

Bring back the temporary management team!

What about this guy Ross saying bring back temporary management team? I'm guessing that's you're chairman he's referring to..

What about this guy Ross saying bring back temporary management team? I'm guessing that's you're chairman he's referring to..

Yes he was part of the management team as was the manager n coach of our 19s team also our sub keeper at the time but he's now left the club. I'll hold my hands up n admit I didn't think mcanespie was the right man for the job n till 4 games ago his results n team selections proved my point but these last 4 games has given us hope n he's now got the team playing well with some great football. Saturday there wasn't much football but we dug in and kept going shows ye the players r behind him 100%

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, king Henrik7 said:

Context lad. Context. Clearly my comments were jocular.

Just now, king Henrik7 said:

Haha aye okay ! Think your eating your words now more like.

I spent the entirety of the period when we were under the "Temporary management team" shouting for them to be sacked, despite what, at the time, was our longest run of wins this season. I must have been eating my words every weekend then.

Alternatively, you have taken a one off comment completely devoid of context and decided to win at the internet.

I spent the entirety of the period when we were under the "Temporary management team" shouting for them to be sacked, despite what, at the time, was our longest run of wins this season. I must have been eating my words every weekend then.
Alternatively, you have taken a one off comment completely devoid of context and decided to win at the internet.

I only answered 1 of your fellow bankie supporters questions when he said he couldn't remember any you's wanting the new management replaced yet you say after a defeat bring back the temporary management. Must have just been a coincidence ;-)

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Just the one midweek fixture this week, on Wednesday night :-

Maryhill v Girvan

Your thoughts ?

Hopefully Maryhill keep up their current form and take 3 points from Girvan before collapsing under the weight of expectation that comes with that form on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

I only answered 1 of your fellow bankie supporters questions when he said he couldn't remember any you's wanting the new management replaced yet you say after a defeat bring back the temporary management. Must have just been a coincidence ;-)

Context my dear boy. Context.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Hopefully Maryhill keep up their current form and take 3 points from Girvan before collapsing under the weight of expectation that comes with that form on Saturday.

No offence intended to any team, but I hope Maryhill win every game they play for the rest of the season. Purely for selfish reasons of course. :thumsup2

Just now, glensmad said:

No offence intended to any team, but I hope Maryhill win every game they play for the rest of the season. Purely for selfish reasons of course. :thumsup2

Since losing to Maryhill almost everything that could have gone well for us elsewhere has done just that. We are now in a great position but the results in this league are all over the place right now. The amount of potential outcomes still on the cards is, as the thread title suggests, a bit mad.

22 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Since losing to Maryhill almost everything that could have gone well for us elsewhere has done just that. We are now in a great position but the results in this league are all over the place right now. The amount of potential outcomes still on the cards is, as the thread title suggests, a bit mad.

It's the same every year, I'm just pleased that we're still in contention going into our final game. Hopefully we can get a win on Saturday to keep us top, and then sit back and see what the rest can do. We can't control what the other teams achieve, we can only do our own bit, but it would be nice to say that we were top of the league after our last game, no matter where we finish.

4 hours ago, Budandavodka said:

Remaining League fixtures for us (Maryhill) and teams from 9th position down.d0ba86fe92092801e22e2703101f2f1f.jpg

When I saw this coloured box I had a horrible moment when I thought scotsvo had invaded this thread!

It's the same every year, I'm just pleased that we're still in contention going into our final game. Hopefully we can get a win on Saturday to keep us top, and then sit back and see what the rest can do. We can't control what the other teams achieve, we can only do our own bit, but it would be nice to say that we were top of the league after our last game, no matter where we finish.

Been a great season for you whatever happens chief

Archived