The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

Good we finally got a win but feels too little too late. We still have a tiny chance of a playoff place if we win our last 2 games but just can't see it.

Best defence in the league though which is decent.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A similar scenario for Glencairn. If we were to be fortunate enough to win on Saturday, we could be ending our league season sitting on top of the league table, but not knowing if our season is over or not. We could end up in the play-offs, but with the current fixtures allocation we won't know that for a few weeks, so do we keep our players training ?

Scenario solved olboy!! ;)

Wrong identity, books someone 3 times, yip you read right 3 times, nicky prentice also had to go off injured he was kicked up and down the park that much, anyone know who the ref was? Shouldnt be near a football park again, as a ref that is, farcical

Calum Haswell enough said !

Who's peasys last 2 games against? And Kilsyth actually? They looked home n dry couple months ago now look in danger of not going up at all

Home to Meadow which hasn't been arranged yet. Not sure who else.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Wasnt Haswell. He was meant to be the ref but it was switched. The ref today was Chris McTiernan.

20 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

Who's peasys last 2 games against? And Kilsyth actually? They looked home n dry couple months ago now look in danger of not going up at all

Away to Blantyre Wednesday night.

Home to Irvine Vics to be arranged.

Be a change for u diddies no to be on our page 

championeeeeeeeees 

Cute

Just think. This is our lowest finish in a good 10 years and we've still finished higher than you lot have in 3 decades [emoji23]

What a run Clydebank are on, think I am correct in saying if they win their last game then they are guaranteed top two?

will be good to see another big central region team back in the top flight, although it's a team we seem to rarely beat. 

Hopefully petershill Kilysth or Glencairn can join them

29 minutes ago, andy25 said:

A wish it was Callum haswell the day instead of who we got, honestly dont mind getting beat, for instance like last week when i thought the ref had a poor game, but today was just utter farcical, would be interesting to hear from a petershill fan for their view, 

55 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Conditions are shocking at Guys Meadow can't believe the ref even started that game someone could seriously have been hurt.

seen games at Guys Meadow called off when not half as bad as this.Shocking for this game to have started.On the other hand chuffed it was and at the other results today

4 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

A wish it was Callum haswell the day instead of who we got, honestly dont mind getting beat, for instance like last week when i thought the ref had a poor game, but today was just utter farcical, would be interesting to hear from a petershill fan for their view, 

Officials were poor, but to suggest the ref was only giving decisons one way is wrong. You'll rightly feel aggrieved though as the game turned on the ordering off. I didn't think it was a penalty, but didn't think it was a dive either. When the ref blew i thought he was going to book McGlad, so I was as surprised as anyone that he gave the penalty, even more so when he pulled out a red card as I'm not convinced that it was in the clear goalscoring opportunity category. But hey, we've been on the wrong side of a few that have cost us points this season so we'll take one that goes our way for once.

The farce with Paul McBride's ordering off looked very bad for the ref, and he rightly got pelters.

He was inconsistent with bookings all day, just after we went in front McGee tried to kick McGlad over the railings, a talking to but no booking. To suggest that Prentice was the only player to get fouled is way off, Kilsyth are the most cynical team we've played all season. Stuart McCann again today was fouled numerous times when he was on the way past a defender.. In the game at Duncansfield in particular when we were well on top in the second half there was just a constant succession of fouls by Kilsyth.

Who got sent off in the pavilion? Must admit I went in just behind the officials and didn't hear anything untoward.

24 minutes ago, superpollok said:

What a run Clydebank are on, think I am correct in saying if they win their last game then they are guaranteed top two?

will be good to see another big central region team back in the top flight, although it's a team we seem to rarely beat. 

Hopefully petershill Kilysth or Glencairn can join them

Superpollok, what is Clydebank FC`s record at Newlandsfield since we returned to the Junior ranks?

If ever a referee fucked a game of football, it is the day, never seen anythin like it, and a deny any petershill fan to disagree, shokin, 

The referee had an absolute shocker but to suggest it was all one way is not quite right. Yes, the penalty changed the game especially with the red card but there were a few challenges he let go just after that and in my opinion they were easy yellow cards but the ref just talked to the players concerned. The so called contentious corner was definitely off the Kilsyth player last as I was standing at that particular spot at the side of the park. Bad decisions by bad referees haunt every team. We've had two straight reds given and won both on appeal and one card possibly cost us victory as we were 2-1 up in the first half when it happened, but to blame the ref for the loss is slightly harsh.

Archived