Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Why does St Johnstone periodically throw in a game in which it looks as if the players have never met before?  The 2-4 game against Ross County could have been 2-8, and it sounds like it could have been a rout today.  Then for two months, St Johnstone will beat most teams.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why does St Johnstone periodically throw in a game in which it looks as if the players have never met before?  The 2-4 game against Ross County could have been 2-8, and it sounds like it could have been a rout today.  Then for two months, St Johnstone will beat most teams.  

It's the St Johnstone way.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It's been a recurring theme for a while, you're right. We've conceded 24 goals this season but nearly half of them have come in three games! Nobody had beaten Saints away from home without scoring in injury time since April, then we get turned over 3-0.

I think anyone will be doing well to come up with a reason for it. Watching them every week, I can never predict when it's coming, you just know it is at some point!

Players at our level are going to be inconsistent, our manager sometimes has a horror show, and every so often both things combine to create a clusterfuck.

Best I can surmise.

I made a point earlier in the season that I thought the players/manager struggled to motivate themselves for the "smaller" games, due to the attention they get for performing in the "bigger" games, subconsciously or not we'd never know, but it's still something I stand by.

Also, I'd be more than happy to see Paton also punted out the door, if any other clubs stupid enough to want him.

I'd also be tempted to see how Watson does beside Ando, although I can't imagine it would improve the amount of headers we win.

Players at our level are going to be inconsistent, our manager sometimes has a horror show, and every so often both things combine to create a clusterfuck.

Best I can surmise.

I made a point earlier in the season that I thought the players/manager struggled to motivate themselves for the "smaller" games, due to the attention they get for performing in the "bigger" games, subconsciously or not we'd never know, but it's still something I stand by.

Good to know your players see the Dundee fixture in the correct light. It's a category B game.

Still pumping a team 3 nil is very pleasing, even a 'small' team [emoji4]

Interesting to note we've loaned out a centre half and a right back. Especially when the only rumour about us signing anyone has been Peter Grant of Falkirk, a centre half.

Although I see TW is mentioning the return of Watson and Gilchrist as the reason for the loans.

Would make sense. We seem fairly interested in signing youngsters from the lower leagues these days, and can imagine Dave Mackay will keep us well informed on things aswell.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would make sense. We seem fairly interested in signing youngsters from the lower leagues these days, and can imagine Dave Mackay will keep us well informed on things aswell.

Well hes way too good for us but probably not good enough for you guys yet. So take him and loan him back to us. Do it as a favour to Dave. Theres a 40/50k fee due to some French team, hence why we cant just take him.

Well hes way too good for us but probably not good enough for you guys yet. So take him and loan him back to us. Do it as a favour to Dave. Theres a 40/50k fee due to some French team, hence why we cant just take him.

How old is he? And that? I was reading your thread the other day and seen someone mention he'd scored in your last four games (or a similar thing, can't remember).

As I say, wouldn't be a shock if we signed him then loaned him out

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How old is he? And that? I was reading your thread the other day and seen someone mention he'd scored in your last four games (or a similar thing, can't remember).

As I say, wouldn't be a shock if we signed him then loaned him out

21 I believe. 5 goals in 6 games. He is quick. Very quick.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watched highlights of Annan v Stirling there, he's absolutely rapid, right footed and seemed to be playing left wing.

Glorious.

All his goals have been pretty decent. Pace is usually a factor. Cowdenbeath the weekend just past is maybe worth a watch too.

reported on Sky Sports that Preston are on the verge of signing Charlie Wyke, leaving their options up front of Wyke, Beckford, Hugill, Gallagher, Doyle, Robinson , Makienok and .... Stevie May

he must be available on loan, possibly even 8th choice , bring him home 

reported on Sky Sports that Preston are on the verge of signing Charlie Wyke, leaving their options up front of Wyke, Beckford, Hugill, Gallagher, Doyle, Robinson , Makienok and .... Stevie May

he must be available on loan, possibly even 8th choice , bring him home 

I've heard Stevie is coming to Dens too.