Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Killie seamed to be able to stay on their feet and control the ball where we kept slipping and missing our kicks. I don't remember how many times we had shooting chances and missed the kick or wildly blasted it to nowhere. Must be the worst game I can remember for some time and we have had a good many this season.

Hopefully we will be better on Wednesday.

I don't like to criticise the team but sometimes it's necessary.

Tommy Wright pledges his commitment to Saints in his email to season ticket holders.

Did anyone listen to his Sportsound interview yesterday? How did it come across?

The interview didn't contain much we haven't heard before. The Rangers stuff within the context of a 25 minute interview obviously didn't seem as much of an issue as when it's pulled out for a BBC article. About all of real interest was a comment that he and the chairman were working on bringing in two or three players on increased wages to try and kick on. It's probably pay on the podcast from yesterday. It'll be right at end.

Thought he addressed the comments fairly well in his email, not that they were something that bothered me personally being honest.

"Finally, there has been a lot of speculation linking me with another job.  That is all it is and I would like to reassure you, as a season ticket holder, that I am as committed as ever to continuing the job at St Johnstone.  The Chairman and I remain ambitious and are working hard to re-sign existing players and talk with others for next season.  I am 100% happy at St Johnstone.  It’s my club, my players and my job to make sure we go on and finish the season strongly."

Edited by Radford

Would be interesting to know what positions he's hoping to sign these "two or three" players. Assume a winger and striker are two of the three.

We should just quadruple Macca's wages tbh. 

I'd rather spend that money in the development of bionic hips, so we can bring Mackay and Wright back.

3 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39105511

I'd be gutted if McInnes spoke about the Sevco job like that 

Thankfully, he has more sense 

Baws. Why do you think we have success with managers? We give them the platform for the next step. I'd far rather have a succession of Tommy Wrights than the pish that other similar sized clubs have had.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

I usually don't mind Tom English but the first few paragraphs of that article are bizarre. He’s also trying to pretend the union flag is just a casual mention but he knows what he's doing.

Yeah he's a fine journalist, but if a line like that sticks out when you read it, you know he knows what he's doing putting it in.

Mind you, the way Tommy's behaving he probably put that bulldog on his desk just as Tom English arrived. You can only be grateful English didn't spot the portrait of the Queen Tommy had hung up a few minutes before.

6 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Next step is fine, whoring yourself to the most loathed institution in the country, get that tae f**k 

The Rangers, no matter what state or guise they're in, are a bigger club than St Johnstone.  Matters not one bit what anyone except TW thinks about them. I'd thank him for the work he's done and welcome the next man in the job. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

The Rangers, no matter what state or guise they're in, are a bigger club than St Johnstone.  Matters not one bit what anyone except TW thinks about them. I'd thank him for the work he's done and welcome the next man in the job. 

I don't think anyone grudges him moving on to a bigger job. It's the desperate way he's going about it that's rankling a few people – particularly when it was clear to most that he never stood a chance. (Neither is it sending the best message to Saints fans who might be worried about why he's so keen to move now.)

Edited by Mr Heliums