Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Came across this little gem, seems there a Random at every club :lol:

This right here is the problem with the yut of today. He can't even be arsed sitting up to read his script.

The detailed formation analysis at the start wins plus points, but the reading out of the positions 'Dvey' Wright has played is magnificent "right midfield, right wing back, striker, cam

Needs work on his presentation, but a definite step up from Pat Bonner, Willie Miller and Chick Young.

Absolutely no idea about him. Positive we've made a move so early though, as that generally bodes well for TW signings. 

23yo old who's spent his whole career at one club. TW still be criticised for signing "ageing journeymen" 

Absolutely no idea about him. Positive we've made a move so early though, as that generally bodes well for TW signings. 
23yo old who's spent his whole career at one club. TW still be criticised for signing "ageing journeymen" 

We made early moves for Coulson and he was a complete disaster!?

Always worth going back a few months to look at fans perception of players, instead of after he's just left their club.. 

Just now, Widge said:

We made early moves for Coulson and he was a complete disaster!?

His injuries ruined him tbf, never had any run of games, don't think Wright has that issue. 

His injuries ruined him tbf, never had any run of games, don't think Wright has that issue. 

Even in the games he did start he showed nothing to suggest Wright should have been after him as persistently.

Conversely the panic signing of Tanser, who was dubbed the worst player ever at a League 1 team, had now turned solid and actually a good player for us. It’s swings and roundabouts with fans and players perceptions.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Even in the games he did start he showed nothing to suggest Wright should have been after him as persistently.

Conversely the panic signing of Tanser, who was dubbed the worst player ever at a League 1 team, had now turned solid and actually a good player for us. It’s swings and roundabouts with fans and players perceptions.

Tanser struggled at the level above and hardly had glowing reports from league two either I don't think. He's grown into a very good player for us though and is of a similar age to Wright. Coulson was obviously much older, had problems with persistent groin injuries for over a year before he signed for Saints (I found an interview from around the time he signed a pre-contract where he said he felt he wasn't fit and was shocked he'd received an offer from a club so high up the ladder :rolleyes: ). I think Wright will be fine, although he may need time to adapt and settle into the pace of our game in much the same way as Tanser.

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

I wouldn't say I never listen to opposition fans' views but imagine Colchester fans asked on Twitter or Facebook about Craig Thomson...

That comparison would only work if Thomson had played 140 matches, and in all but 2 league matches for us in the previous season.

Stop being negative, Radford. You're so negative.

57 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm open-minded about Wright, all I'm saying is we could be dealing with the Colchester equivalents of @RandomGuy. or @RandomGuy here.

I'm sort of honoured, cheers.