Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-prepared-fill-void-12495416

theres yer Wright confirming that we have a wide player signed for next season. 

George Williams is the dream. :wub: 

I suspect Williams is the winger/forward he’s referring to. Although I’d want another striker on top of that.

I for one think Tam knows nothing. [emoji6]

23 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Don't worry about muzz

Best news of the Summer so far. 

Is TW refusing to name the signed winger a hint they've not finished playing for their current club yet? 

44 minutes ago, Kyle said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-prepared-fill-void-12495416

theres yer Wright confirming that we have a wide player signed for next season. 

George Williams is the dream. :wub: 

That's not a bad article on Saints for the Daily Record.

I'm not sure it is Williams as after mentioning a new signing it goes onto mention how Wright hinted he'd be interested in bringing Willock and Williams back next season.  Though Williams certainly fits the bill of a wide player who can play up front.. as does Danny Swanson.  And O'Halloran.  f**k knows!

If it was Williams (or Swanson/ O'Halloran), could we get away with no more strikers?  It does seem like the preferred formation now is one up one off rather than an outright 2 strikers, so with Kane/ Macmillan as striker, with the new wide/striker player and Scougall able to play as the one off, and Hendry as back up it might be seen as enough.  

The one role I feel we might yet fill, which Tommy has always had, is a target man.. possibly to come on if we are chasing a game and go more direct. We've had Fallon, Iwelumo, Sutton, Cummins and Deny Johnstone in TW's time.  I could actually see us keeping DJ on the cheap on a six month deal to see how he recovers from injury, either that or Conor Sammon if Thistle go down, though he'd be a good fit at Motherwell.  

I'm not saying we should sign a player like that before I get slaughtered, it's just what we've usually had as an option the past few years.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does McMillan count as a target man? 

I haven't seen enough of him to know if he wins many headers, but he looks very mobile, has reasonable pace and a decent touch, so if he's good in the air as well then he's got a lot going for him.