Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The club have announced the released list;

On top of Mannus and Maclean leaving, Watson, Millar, Jardine, Thomson, Lumsden and Docherty are all being released at the end of the season.

Not too many surprises in amongst all that. Gutted to see the back of Millar obviously, but I think his time has come.

Next season's squad looking like;

Goalkeepers

12. Zander Clark (2020)

30. Mark Hurst (2018) 

??. Ben McKenzie (2018)

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (2019)

5. Joe Shaughnessy (2019)

6. Steven Anderson (2018)

24. Brian Easton (2019)

3. Scott Tanser (2018)

23. Liam Gordon (2019)

14. Aaron Comrie (2019)

15. Jason Kerr (2020) 

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon (2019)

4. Blair Alston (2019) + 1

8. Murray Davidson (2018)

26. Liam Craig (2019)

20. Kyle McClean (2019)

21. Stefan Scougall (2019)

37. Ali McCann (2019)

Strikers

16. David McMillan (2020)

25. Chris Kane (2020) 

31. Greg Hurst (2019) 

50. Callum Hendry (2020)

Leaving the Club/released

Alan Mannus (Shamrock Rovers) - freedom of contract

Keith Watson - released 

Cameron Thomson - released

Cameron Lumsden - released

Chris Millar - released

Daniel Jardine - released

Jamie Docherty - released

Steven Maclean (Hearts) - freedom of contract

Loans Ended

George Williams

Matty Willock

Denny Johnstone

New deals definitely offered

Steven Anderson

Scott Tanser

Murray Davidson

Edited by Kyle

I'd like to think that with Mannus, Maclean and Millar departing there will be a semi-respectable crowd at McDiarmid on the last day of the season.  What these three players have achieved in their time at the club is nothing short of remarkable all things put into perspective, and anyone that had the honor of being there on the 17th of May 2014 should really be making the utmost effort to get along and say one last thank you to these men that I'm sure the history books, and fans of St Johnstone FC will no doubt remember as Legends of the club.

I won't hold my breath though...

11 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

I'd like to think that with Mannus, Maclean and Millar departing there will be a semi-respectable crowd at McDiarmid on the last day of the season.  What these three players have achieved in their time at the club is nothing short of remarkable all things put into perspective, and anyone that had the honor of being there on the 17th of May 2014 should really be making the utmost effort to get along and say one last thank you to these men that I'm sure the history books, and fans of St Johnstone FC will no doubt remember as Legends of the club.

I won't hold my breath though...

Yep, Saints should already be heavily promoting what would otherwise be an end of season kickabout into a family friendly, farewell party.  Should.

21 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Yep, Saints should already be heavily promoting what would otherwise be an end of season kickabout into a family friendly, farewell party.  Should.

Have they actually employed anyone for that role yet? Haven't heard anything, may have missed it though.

And just like that, Saints f**k up my list again :lol:

Ali McCann (who I thought had another year - my bad), Greg Hurst and Callum Hendry have all signed contracts covering next season.

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Have they actually employed anyone for that role yet? Haven't heard anything, may have missed it though.

I really don't know. After the excellent Paul Smith's notification we've heard nothing again as far as I can see. If only there were more Pauls at McDiarmid.

30 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Nope. I was recently in the middle of an email conversation with the club in regards to a music-related favour which they had asked me to do (it was unpaid and it would only cost me £50 overall, so I naturally jumped at the chance). Then I enquired about the current media vacancy and said that it was the type of job which would definitely tempt me to move back to Scotland. The conversation ended abruptly. I haven't received a response in the past three months. 

Edited by The Real Saints

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Nope. I was recently in the middle of an email conversation with the club in regards to a music-related favour which they had asked me to do (it was unpaid and it would only cost me £50 overall, so I naturally jumped at the chance). Then I enquired about the current media vacancy and said that it was the type of job which would definitely tempt me to move back to Scotland. The conversation ended abruptly. I haven't received a response in the past three months. 

I've dropped SLO an e-mail suggesting some form of small social media and website marketing campaign anyway.  Something along the lines of a fond farewell to the players for their achievements.

As mentioned above though, I don't think they actually have anyone there to action such extravagances anymore.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

I really don't know. After the excellent Paul Smith's notification we've heard nothing again as far as I can see. If only there were more Pauls at McDiarmid.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

51 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

I've dropped SLO an e-mail suggesting some form of small social media and website marketing campaign anyway.  Something along the lines of a fond farewell to the players for their achievements.

As mentioned above though, I don't think they actually have anyone there to action such extravagances anymore.

Our football team is in the top 8 in our country, top 250* in Europe but parts of the actual business is complete amateurish. Pretty sad really.

*in UEFA rankings.

Jamie Docherty, just 18, top scorer for the U20s from out wide and, on my limited viewing, a decent player. Freed.

Danny Jardine, just 19, Young Player of the Year at Stirling Albion and great grounding in game. Freed.

Greg Hurst, now 21, hasn't started a game for the club and two underwhelming loans in League One this season. New deal.

Strange.

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

Jamie Docherty, just 18, top scorer for the U20s from out wide and, on my limited viewing, a decent player. Freed.

Danny Jardine, just 19, Young Player of the Year at Stirling Albion and great grounding in game. Freed.

Greg Hurst, now 21, hasn't started a game for the club and two underwhelming loans in League One this season. New deal.

Strange.

Agreed I can't see what Hurst's new deal is based on or how he is going to break into the first team. 

I have just left the Facebook banter page. I joined it some time ago to check it out and was pretty dismayed at what I found,now if anything it has got even worse.They are (mostly) a bunch of semi-literate slavering morons 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

11 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I have just left the Facebook banter page. I joined it some time ago to check it out and was pretty dismayed at what I found,now if anything it has got even worse.They are (mostly) a bunch of semi-literate slavering morons 

I had to unfollow. I just couldn't cope with it. 

I can accept that people can make spelling and grammar mistakes but the content was embarrassing as a whole. 

At times when we were 4th in the league. "Tommy can f**k off" etc. The outrage when Brad McKay was released too. It's like we had allowed a world class player go. They were fuming. 

I'm expecting there will be "he's been shite anyway" posts about Midge too...

51 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I had to unfollow. I just couldn't cope with it. 

I can accept that people can make spelling and grammar mistakes but the content was embarrassing as a whole. 

At times when we were 4th in the league. "Tommy can f**k off" etc. The outrage when Brad McKay was released too. It's like we had allowed a world class player go. They were fuming. 

I'm expecting there will be "he's been shite anyway" posts about Midge too...

that depends if they have got over craig thomson being released yet...

12 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I think I lasted about half an hour of following that page before I'd had enough.

I've come to the conclusion that it's actually a bunch of Dundonians trolling. Surely no one is actually as thick as that lot are when it comes to their own club, or in general for that matter!?