Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

This from the Daily Record;

Liam Polworth is set to leave Inverness after it was confirmed an unnamed club has made a bid to sign the midfielder.

The 24-year-old’s deal expires at the end of the season but John Robertson has admitted he could leave during this transfer window.

Assuming this us, I'd imagine him signing for us now would require a fee. First one since we signed Danny Grainger nearly 10 years ago!

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Liam Polworth is set to leave Inverness after it was confirmed an unnamed club has made a bid to sign the midfielder.

The 24-year-old’s deal expires at the end of the season but John Robertson has admitted he could leave during this transfer window.

Assuming this us, I'd imagine him signing for us now would require a fee. First one since we signed Danny Grainger nearly 10 years ago!

I'm sure they done a swap deal with Hearts for Mulraney, rather than taking a fee.

They seem to play Brad McKay at right back sometimes.

Offer them Comrie..

Polworth is a better all-round midfielder than when he was last in the top flight IMO, I was taken aback by his improvement when I saw him play this season.  In the ICT team he has a couple of midfielders beside him who do the less dramatic or glamorous stuff and it brings out the best of him, which is opening up the pitch with his passing.  He loves a through ball and he's very good at it.

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Kyle I'm pretty certain that we paid fees for both Dylan Easton and Greg Hurst 

10 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Polworth is a better all-round midfielder than when he was last in the top flight IMO, I was taken aback by his improvement when I saw him play this season.  In the ICT team he has a couple of midfielders beside him who do the less dramatic or glamorous stuff and it brings out the best of him, which is opening up the pitch with his passing.  He loves a through ball and he's very good at it.

Here he is :D

Do you know if he generally plays in a deeper midfield role? Liam Craig, andMurray Davidsonhave done well there this season and Callachan is improving all the time but passing and spreading the play are not things you'd generally associate with them and it's probably the one thing we're missing in the squad generally. He seems to fit Wright's new mold quite well - young but experienced and hopefully ready to step right in the first team.

I give this signing Kyle's seal of approval. Make it happen, Thomas.

Edited by Kyle

Just now, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Kyle I'm pretty certain that we paid fees for both Dylan Easton and Greg Hurst 

Both are Wright (or certainly Wright era) signings and he said in an interview last year that he's never paid a fee for a player. I know for certain that Easton was signed on a pre-contract from Berwick (possibly compensation) and I have no idea about Hurst - I don't remember seeing anything about undisclosed fees at the time, but you may well be right.

We paid £2500 or something for George Hunter but I'm not sure if these guys have been brought in by the youth development recruiters.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Here he is :D

Do you know if he generally plays in a deeper midfield role? Liam Craig, andMurray Davidso have done well there this season but and Callachan is improving all the time but passing and spreading the play are not things you'd generally associate with them and it's probably the one thing we're missing in the squad generally.

He's been the most advanced ICT midfielder this season but he can play further back beside someone else.  He and Davidson would dovetail quite nicely.  He's not a box-to-box beast like Callachan but he's reasonably athletic for someone who makes the play.

His assist numbers in the Championship for the last year and a half are crazy: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-polworth/leistungsdaten/spieler/132209

Edited by bunglebonce

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Both are Wright (or certainly Wright era) signings and he said in an interview last year that he's never paid a fee for a player. I know for certain that Easton was signed on a pre-contract from Berwick (possibly compensation) and I have no idea about Hurst - I don't remember seeing anything about undisclosed fees at the time, but you may well be right.

We paid £2500 or something for George Hunter but I'm not sure if these guys have been brought in by the youth development recruiters.

*opens can of worms*

John Sutton

7 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Here's one for you...A PCA is being talked about but it would require a fee to get him earlier..How about a deal to let him sign now and give them Scougall on loan FOC 

Yup.

Say Scougall is earning £2k a week. Play off final is 20 weeks away.

We pay all of Scougalls wages when he's at ICT, and get Polworth early for free, seems a decent deal, as youd imagine theyd be wanting £40k, if not more, for us to sign him this window anyway.

23 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Upload a few photos of them emoji106.png

OwGQD9L.thumb.jpg.c19f6563163da99635b3840d873ab361.jpg

YL72yHT.thumb.jpg.d72b83948fce6deaeb0373190f30d01a.jpg

2tsRKoR.thumb.jpg.07f8c458d67c88135d58f54882b1b6ec.jpg

fMbRM5A.thumb.jpg.6af5e4d7a553dd7510ebdf0540940903.jpg

I can recognise a few but some I'm clueless with.

There's also Dunfermline, Dundee United, Motherwell, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest ones from I assume the same time, but Saints collection is the biggest.