Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Saints Hibs is the best semi anyway, we'll definitely be shown.

I think that is absolutely guaranteed as well.

Not sure why people are thinking we might have some fans in this one, no chance.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we do get them, hopefully we see a Conway swan dive to hand us the winning penalty.

I’d managed to erase that last semi final from my memory so f**k you very much for bringing it back up.

A game played the day after my 30th birthday in which we lost to a Championship side filled with dickheads.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

I think that is absolutely guaranteed as well.

Not sure why people are thinking we might have some fans in this one, no chance.

Would it be better if they declined it?

If they don't the only way to see it (legit) is PS subscription. If they don't show it then like the Dunfermline match then Saints/Hibs TV (both good quality in my experience) would be able to cover it. Would have to think that the clubs would split the gate and still get the contracted TV money. 

They will broadcast it though.

Two United fans at work this morning having a full blown conversation about "we should've/could've won the league cup. We could beat every side left in it" , "imagine if we got Livi in the semis? We'd be planning Hampden already", "aye, that would be another final for the terrors" went on for a good 5 minutes until I piped up " you couldnae beat fucking Peterhead at Tannadice you useless c***s"

Conversation ended.

I'm sure there are all sorts of sponsorship bollocks that would stop it happening but playing the game at Dingwall or Inverness and having a few hundred fans a side would be miles better than an empty stadium anywhere.  

The only benefit of having it at Hampden is that Hibs are even more mentally scarred by the place than us.

57 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

The only benefit of having it at Hampden is that Hibs are even more mentally scarred by the place than us.

Been wondering if Hampden being a much bigger pitch would be a benefit or hindrance to us?

59 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hampden is 105 x 68m. McDiarmid is 105x68.5m

Strange as it always looks massive when your in the stands at Hampden. 

Learn something every day.

1 hour ago, sapper said:

I just hope we turn up and play well.... 

Kind of how I feel about it. Show a bit of conviction & bottle as well and we'll be in with a good chsnce. Don't want to see one of those "didn't turn up" type performances!

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Strange as it always looks massive when your in the stands at Hampden. 

Learn something every day.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The grass run offs at all sides - particularly the South Stand side - are pretty massive and that’s before you take into account t the distance from the edge of the grass to the stands which makes it look massive.

Think it's the viewing angle. Does seem much larger though. 

I believe our pitch is near the max camber allowed as well so maybe that adds to the illusion that it looks smaller? 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

9 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Would it be better if they declined it?

If they don't the only way to see it (legit) is PS subscription. If they don't show it then like the Dunfermline match then Saints/Hibs TV (both good quality in my experience) would be able to cover it. Would have to think that the clubs would split the gate and still get the contracted TV money. 

They will broadcast it though.

IPTV or VPN with international subscription for the month?

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

IPTV or VPN with international subscription for the month?

Not sure what the Hibs position is but our international subscriptions don't cover cup games. However (perversely) if they decided not to show it I expect we'd get it as international / PPV though our channel. I think that's why Dunfermline were able to run a stream. 

IPTV is of course an option, but neither are 100% legitimate. 

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Scored a similar one that season at Tynecastle. 

Has shooting from the likes of there been coached out of him or is it a case of not quite as confident?

Good post. He's picked up similar positions to that loads of times this season but never tries the shot. It's very frustrating to watch, knowing he scored a number of goals from these sorts of areas previously.