Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 hours ago, Kyle said:

McNamara heading back to Millwall and we're getting James Brown - who lasted 1 game at Livingston before being trebauchet'd -in his place.

Braw :rolleyes: 

Not sure how everyone else is feeling about this?

I Feel Good.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He played 60 minutes for you lot, under the management of Kenny Miller, at Parkhead, over 2 years ago.

Apologies for not writing him off based on that tbh.

He was subbed off and couldn't get back into a team who at the time didn't have a recognised RB...speaks volumes if you ask me. Even the guy who signed him didn't have faith in him

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He was subbed off and couldn't get back into a team who at the time didn't have a recognised RB...speaks volumes if you ask me. Even the guy who signed him didn't have faith in him

He left the moment Kenny Miller did by the looks of it. Gone before Gary Holt was in place.

He might be shite and his career doesn't look great, but I've seen lots of young players who've had injuries be better than their career, if that makes sense.

Just read about McNamara being recalled with Millwall sending James Brown as a replacement....nae luck. Was brought in on loan by Kenny Miller and was sent packing just as quickly as Miller
Aye, there's not a chance the laddie would have improved/developed since then right enough.

39 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Clark channelling his inner Jack Hamilton this season is costing us dearly. Couldnt do much about the second goal. 

He's actually playing worse than Hamilton for Dundee the season they went down.

On the verge of being the Wallace Duffy on my GK ranking, tonight, if it gets worse, could well confirm that.

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Talking of relegation...

Its becoming a real prospect now.

Goalkeeper who can't make a save, behind a team who can't prevent chances, set up by a manager determined to make it work.

Welcome to management Callum.

If he can’t see it’s not working then we deserve to go down. This loyalty to that basic shape and loyalty to an absolutely woeful goalkeeper (admittedly the alternative isn’t much better) is ludicrous. 

7 hours ago, The Marly said:
10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
Just read about McNamara being recalled with Millwall sending James Brown as a replacement....nae luck. Was brought in on loan by Kenny Miller and was sent packing just as quickly as Miller

Aye, there's not a chance the laddie would have improved/developed since then right enough.

We didn't see much of him, think he played away to Celtic on our first game back up. By all accounts he's fairly pish and only got the move because of his agent being the same as Miller's

On 22/12/2020 at 19:03, RandomGuy. said:

Doesn't mean much, if anything, but Rowett is quoted a few times saying he believes Brown has huge potential, and has kept him at the club ahead of others over the past year as he's the "best" of the back up RBs.

Might be a lot of shite tbh.

He's played right midfield (his 1 appearance for Livingston was there against Celtic) aswell as RB, so potentially offer more in terms of 1v1 attacking?

f**k knows tbh.

His appearance for us was at RB - KM tried to make us go to 4 at the back but most sites still had us down as using our 352. From what I know he's exclusively a RB