Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Decent player, but if it's a loan not for me - we need permanent signings.  Also not sure a winger is a priority.  We need centre midfielders and a striker. 

With Wotherspoon out, I think we need two wingers, one to replace Middleton hopefully.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Decent player, but if it's a loan not for me - we need permanent signings.  Also not sure a winger is a priority.  We need centre midfielders and a striker. 

He's out of contract in the summer so could easily end up being permanent.  He's also not a winger anymore, doesn't really have that burst required , but he's very effective as a 10 or slightly inverted wide player.  You'll be struggling to find a better finisher than him in January.

I'll be gutted to see him go, big fan of him and would like to have seen him get more chances this season. But he needs to go and play.  Played regularly he'll get goals in this league.

We need proven attacking players quickly. Walker ticks a lot of boxes.

Shame it sounds like it'll just be a loan but January's not the window to be picky I guess.

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He's out of contract in the summer so could easily end up being permanent.  He's also not a winger anymore, doesn't really have that burst required , but he's very effective as a 10 or slightly inverted wide player.  You'll be struggling to find a better finisher than him in January.

I'll be gutted to see him go, big fan of him and would like to have seen him get more chances this season. But he needs to go and play.  Played regularly he'll get goals in this league.

He'll presumably play Wotherspoons role. Which is sort of an "inside left" expected to link with the LWB and cut inside to cause problems.

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

If we can get him permanently,  fine. Just got too many loans/contracts running out.

If we can get him permanently,  fine. Just got too many loans/contracts running out.

I’m guessing we’re prepared to offer a PCA to him, with taking him on loan from hearts to free up a wage.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yes but can he close players down effectively?

Livi beat Hibs so we slip into the play off place. Hibs two players sent off in the last 5 minutes.

If we’d held onto win, or at least draw with Hibs a couple of weeks back it would have kept them right in the relegation mix. 

They are W1 D1 L7 in the last 9 matches. Prior to that they last won a match at the end of September, against us surprisingly.

They could be a potential safety net and take some of the spotlight away from us if they don’t pick up a couple of results.  I feel bigger clubs with bigger expectations can often crumble under the pressure at the bottom more. St Mirren, Dundee, county, Livi fans etc probably feel their team belong in the bottom six fighting relegation, whereas Hibs fans not so much. 

Our matches upto the January break; Aberdeen (h), Rangers (a), Motherwell (h), County (h), Celtic (h), Hearts (a), Livi (a).

Will we be adrift by January, or will it suit us more playing stronger sides so we can play our preferred style and sit in? 

Don’t imagine we’ll be adrift looking at everybody else’s fixtures, but we’ll probably still be amongst it. If we win both games in hand, albeit one is at Ibrox, we can go up to 7th. A lot riding on that Ross County game…